Quick Question Thread

Last night I was getting the train from High Street at 9:20pm, checked the board at quarter past showing the train on time. Meaning at worst it was 5 minutes away. An announcement came over the tannoy about signal failures in the Yoker area and suddenly this train was apparently going backwards even though this train wasn't going to Yoker. I waited ten minutes bef ore giving up and it was still getting delayed when I walked past Queen Street.

Anyway the question is what are the chances this delay was caused by someone jumping in front of a train?

Need a shop in Falkirk, ideally Laurieston, that has a dece selection of MD 20/20. Haven't drunk it in over a year!

Shop on the hill on the way up to the primary school's your best bet. The Bungalow is rubbish these days.

Is that the Costcutter on the left as you're looking up the hill from the roundabout?

Yeah that's it. Couldn't remember the name of it as it's changed quite a few times since I were a lad.

There's also the Co-op where the old Social Club was, but I've no idea if they would stock 20/20, let alone a selection of different flavours.

Yeah that's it. Couldn't remember the name of it as it's changed quite a few times since I were a lad.

There's also the Co-op where the old Social Club was, but I've no idea if they would stock 20/20, let alone a selection of different flavours.

Nice one, will give it a try :thumsup2

Yes. Lovely. For the price you pay it's fucking excellent tbh. Are you a heavy sleeper?

Yes. Very good if a bit weird!

Cheers guys. The weirdness factor was really what I was asking about, seems about the best value in Glasgow City Centre though.

Relatively heavy sleeper I suppose. Why so?

Last night I was getting the train from High Street at 9:20pm, checked the board at quarter past showing the train on time. Meaning at worst it was 5 minutes away. An announcement came over the tannoy about signal failures in the Yoker area and suddenly this train was apparently going backwards even though this train wasn't going to Yoker. I waited ten minutes bef ore giving up and it was still getting delayed when I walked past Queen Street.

Anyway the question is what are the chances this delay was caused by someone jumping in front of a train?

Think it was cable theft that was the cause of the problems last night.

Think it was cable theft that was the cause of the problems last night.

Why do they lie about it though. It was only a few months ago that the whole Argyle line was down due to a cable problem and it happened again last month and they were pretty clear that it was a problem with the wires. My main issue is that First are just leading people on, pushing the delay back a little at a time rather than coming out and saying this is approximately a 45 minute delay, here is a voucher for our buses if you have a ticket.

Right I'm simple ok, no two ways about it. But does anyone know if you can buy football manager 10 and 11 on steam? I may have bought a laptop that has nowhere to put a disc... I've searched steam and I can't find them, so please help me.

Thanks Mrs M , i was diagnosed on Monday and the doc never mentioned diet , only gave me the capsules you mentioned and I didn't think they were working till a few hours ago and the pains subsiding now . Don't know what my trigger food is yet .

I don't think everyone necessarily has a trigger food. Caffiene causes some people problems - I also can't drink instant coffee though I'm alright with filter stuff as long as I don't drink it all the time. I tend to feel worst when I've not had enough sleep though.

Right I'm simple ok, no two ways about it. But does anyone know if you can buy football manager 10 and 11 on steam? I may have bought a laptop that has nowhere to put a disc... I've searched steam and I can't find them, so please help me.

I think they remove versions when a new one comes out. It's shitey but seems to be how they work

I don't think everyone necessarily has a trigger food. Caffiene causes some people problems - I also can't drink instant coffee though I'm alright with filter stuff as long as I don't drink it all the time. I tend to feel worst when I've not had enough sleep though.

I was on a web site and it claimed that anti-biotics can bring it on , just so happens I was on 3 different courses a few months ago . I may be grasping at straws right enough . felt much better today with just a tightness round the stomach . did you say you stopped the medication .?

I was on a web site and it claimed that anti-biotics can bring it on , just so happens I was on 3 different courses a few months ago . I may be grasping at straws right enough . felt much better today with just a tightness round the stomach . did you say you stopped the medication .?

Yeah, about five years ago. I was pregnant and one of the midwives told me that pregnancy seems to help with symptoms for some people. Of course, it's a rather drastic move and probably not for you! :lol:

Wire problems are wire problems.

"Incidents" are jumpers.

I'll put this in the E forum also, but what was that mobile phone game where you match up symbols to create other things which then in turn could be match up with other things etc etc.

Was it called Evolution or something?

Alchemy or something I think.

Wire problems are wire problems.

"Incidents" are jumpers.

I don't buy their copper thief line. it was at quarter past 9 with trains still running, why would anyone choose that time to steal a cable. Plus there is zero press coverage of it as well. The whole rail network through the centre of Scotland's largest city was shut down and apparently it doesn't merit a mention but a similar act of vandalism at Nishill gets on the beeb with no mention of the similar incident - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22876266

Obviously they need to say something as hundreds of people would be using the train at that time and I don't expect them to announce over the PA that someone is splattered across the track causing delay to journeys.

There is some sort of embargo on reporting suicides especially on the railways where apparently 200 people kill themselves every year in the UK and none of them get reported in the press.