Quick Question Thread

On 24 October 2016 at 10:52, Honest Saints Fan said:

No it's fucking annoying and it's something the cold toast eater does.

Well now I have every excuse for this because she has ripped the holder off the toilet wall in what I can only assume was a head's gone fit of rage. 

17 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

If, for no particular reason she's telling you the bin's still there, then she's definitely getting pumped by Philpy.

Alternatively it may have been bin-tipping levels of windy in your area?

If not, she's definitely getting pumped.

Bin out in street = come in and pump me.

19 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

If, for no particular reason she's telling you the bin's still there, then she's definitely getting pumped by Philpy.

Alternatively it may have been bin-tipping levels of windy in your area?

If not, she's definitely getting pumped.

Njord

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think I'd prefer your wife. Thanks all the same.

You're so old fashioned. Her spelling is shocking, or she is full of Freudian slips..

She just locked herself out so had to take refuge with a neighbour while I popped home and kicked the door in. Love kicking in doors.

IMG_0839.PNG

Has smoking in taxis ever been considered a normal or acceptable thing to do? I seem to remember people smoking on the old GNER trains, and I'm fairly sure I've seen ashtrays in the back of bus seats but I can't imagine it being okay to do so in a taxi.

21 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Has smoking in taxis ever been considered a normal or acceptable thing to do? I seem to remember people smoking on the old GNER trains, and I'm fairly sure I've seen ashtrays in the back of bus seats but I can't imagine it being okay to do so in a taxi.

Certainly in London cabs it was commonplace.  Now and then you'd get a cabbie who objected but most didn't.

48 minutes ago, Aidan said:

It was only the knobs or the blootered that weren't allowed to smoke in most at one time.

There were not many no go places for smoking a couple of decades ago, I remember being allowed to smoke in bed at the old County Hospital in Ayr circa 1989.

2 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

Wasn't on P&B much over the weekend, just looking to confirm the worst poster and worst things you've see posted have just turned in to weird, inevitable slagging matches and the petty things thread is now a local pub thread?

It's like the class misbehaving when the teacher is out of the room.

class_1944637c.jpg

13 hours ago, ayrmad said:

It was only the knobs or the blootered that weren't allowed to smoke in most at one time.

There were not many no go places for smoking a couple of decades ago, I remember being allowed to smoke in bed at the old County Hospital in Ayr circa 1989.

There's a restaurant in Fife I go to when I'm passing through and the owner still berates me for setting fire to one of his tablecloths when you could still smoke in there.