Quick Question Thread

21 minutes ago, throbber said:

I tried the cup of bleach at 90 degrees and an empty drum and the cycle went fine, every other load I have done last few times has stopped with a drainage error and taken ages to do but this went fine tonight. Will put a load of towels in tomorrow in hopes the entire problem is solved but I'm not getting hopes up!

The call out fee would have cost you at least £50. Are you on Paypal?

Just now, throbber said:

Not yet, took me a bit longer to get the old beast started this morning. You know how it is when you're the wrong side of 29!

No way to talk about her, I'm sure she'd prefer to be referred to as the chubber than the beast. 

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Do you not have the P&B app you mad man?!

Heh,  I do. But I was hoping for my phone to notify me with updates, rather than me having to go look for them myself!

Anyway, I've changed my mind. I don't want a Twitter feed (just remembered I don't use Twitter). Can you set up a webcam instead? 

I've got a black eye. I don't remember getting into any altercations and my wife says she didn't hit me. What happened?

Sleep racism. Every night you involuntarily black up and terrorise the non white members of your community. You then wash it off (sometimes more successfully than others) before going back to sleep, completely oblivious to the hatred and fear your actions are spreading.

35 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Heh,  I do. But I was hoping for my phone to notify me with updates, rather than me having to go look for them myself!

Anyway, I've changed my mind. I don't want a Twitter feed (just remembered I don't use Twitter). Can you set up a webcam instead? 

Live feed now up 

I was just in a shop in wester hailes buying some bakery goods and was stunned and in throbber style, upset, to see a man wearing a "Blue Brazil 4, Parscelona 2" tshirt, as modelled by former Cowden striker and professional moron Lewis Coult.

I accosted the wearer and it turns out he's Polish and bought it in a charity shop on Lothian Road and knew nothing of its significance.

40 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I've got a black eye. I don't remember getting into any altercations and my wife says she didn't hit me. What happened?

She hit you, this is the start of the torture, you will never sleep a wink again.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

That's the load of towels on now guys. My main concerns are that it goes way over the time period or that the drainage problem occurs and there is a beep and a red light at about half way through the cycle.

Without reading back to see if you've done this.

Bottom right hand corner of your washing machine, there's a wee drainage thingy, check it and see if anything is blocking it.

Just now, throbber said:

Yeah i was aware of that it is cleaned the best i can but there were traces of grit there. There was also no visible problem with the waste hose and it was definitely a problem draining as something was clogging the pump itself i think. The bleach seems to have worked. 

If you find money in it what will you spend it on?

On Paisley Road West, there are two petrol stations literally 200m away from each other (although the other one is round the corner on Dumbreck Round). The BP on PRW is 12p a litre more for a tank of unleaded than the Esso round the corner. 

So my question is, how the feck does the BP garage stay in business charging such exorbitant prices?

26 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah it's hard to get in to all the crevices though. It will be a mixture of cement, semen and food that was clogging it up but the bleach seems to have broken it up.

In years to come Jesus will be forgotten and people will talk about the resurrection of your washing machine.