Quick Question Thread

Aye, that makes sense. If it was a wallet, whatever the amout, I'd hand it in to the police.

I've handed wallets in before but will admit to pocketing a fiver and probably would up to a tenner. However, I've distributed a few myself over the years and have never gone to the Police to find out if they'd been handed in. It would probably need to be about £50 before I'd go. I'd definitely go if it was my wallet, for obvious reasons.

Guest The Phoenix

Fascinating stuff. I'm an also-ran in about 285th place with just over 2600 posts. However, I also have about 1300 views against my name. Views of what?

No idea but Platinum Members can see each others boabies.

Why are sky news showing a permanent sign reading 'miners rescued- 0 of 33' 

They are due to start lifting the trapped chilean miners out of their mineshaft at midnight our time.

Edited by calum_gers

Guest The Phoenix

Apparently they'd have been out a couple of weeks ago but they had to wait until a couple of the fat ones had lost enough weight to fit inside the diameter of the pipe they're coming up.

The money questions:

I'd pick up 1p no bother. I feel no shame in it at all as it's just going to get sweeped away. I have a jar full of coppers, 5p's and 10p's (most of which is just change from the shops mind) but last time I took it to one of the Coinstar machines I got back £40 after saving for around six months.

I'd definitely hand in a wallet (though a snoop through all the compartments would be in order), and probably anything £50+ in a note. My cousin's handed in £10 notes before, but no-one's going to go to the Police Station and ask for them.

I found £20 on the way to the shop near the school once. It was on the day I forgot my lunch money.

Continuing with the money theme.

I have two £1 notes in the house and a Jack Nicklaus £5 which I got recently. None of them are in 'mint condition' but they're not too damaged, just a little crumpled. I'd assume the £1 notes won't be worth too much in the future, but is the half-decent fiver worth keeping onto?

Edit- £5er looks plain stupid.

Edited by Smurph

Continuing with the money theme.

I have two £1 notes in the house and a Jack Nicklaus £5 which I got recently. None of them are in 'mint condition' but they're not too damaged, just a little crumpled. I'd assume the £1 notes won't be worth too much in the future, but is the half-decent fiver worth keeping onto?

Edit- £5er looks plain stupid.

the £1 notes, funnily enough, will be worth £1. the fiver might get you £1 profit at most.