Quick Question Thread

Have noticed that when Glasgow play at home in Rugby Union they refer to their home ground as;

Firhill Arena. Do Partick Thistle call it that?

I think they had to change the name so they can get a license to sell ale in the ground, that could of course be bullshit and the Warrors are just dicks.

Don't they expect something though or, more importantly, don't most people give them something?

They can expect anything they want, they'll get nothing for me. I couldn't care less what other folk give them.

Why do people tip delivery drivers, taxi drivers, waiters/waitresses etc but not someone in a bank who has helped you with a difficult query, or a bus driver, or a shopkeeper?

They can expect anything they want, they'll get nothing for me. I couldn't care less what other folk give them.

Why do people tip delivery drivers, taxi drivers, waiters/waitresses etc but not someone in a bank who has helped you with a difficult query, or a bus driver, or a shopkeeper?

I tip when they deserve it,I even took money back from on chinese resturant tip jar in Manchester as the food was awful and when i tried to tell the guy at the till he just smiled and flung the change i was to get back(£2.50) in the tip jar without even giving it back to me.

Edited by keithgy

People don't 'deserve' a tip for driving a mile or so to deliver a pizza. That's their job.

I can just about understand tipping a waiter/waitress who has given good service and has added to the enjoyment of the evening, or a hairdresser/barber who has done a really good job (because you've got to walk about with that haircut for weeks on end).

A delievery driver knocks on your door, hands you you order and collects the money. This interaction lasts a minute tops. They do not deserve a tip.

EDIT - Anyone who thinks they do is a mentalist, or a delivery driver

Edited by Fudge

People don't 'deserve' a tip for driving a mile or so to deliver a pizza. That's their job.

I can just about understand tipping a waiter/waitress who has given good service and has added to the enjoyment of the evening, or a hairdresser/barber who has done a really good job (because you've got to walk about with that haircut for weeks on end).

A delievery driver knocks on your door, hands you you order and collects the money. This interaction lasts a minute tops. They do not deserve a tip.

EDIT - Anyone who thinks they do is a mentalist, or a delivery driver

I was a delivery driver for 10 years and if i had 2-3 meals to deliver i always went to the one who gave me a tip first ;)

Still to get my missus a wee thing for crimbo, she knows what she's getting mainly but I thought i'd get her something to open christmas morning.

I'm going for a box set of some sort, she previously enjoyed NCIS, Greys Anatomy, CSI, Prison Break so anything along them lines...

Ideas please.

Crminal Minds is the best of the new wave 'detective' style shows on TV. If she likes programmes you've listed, she'll love Criminal Minds.

Cheers.

Can't seem to find a complete box set but I'll maybe just buy the first two or three seasons, if she enjoys it I can always get the rest for her birthday in March.

I have a question about exams.

I have one tommorow and have to answer three questions in two hours, and it's fair to say my knowledge could at be best described as limited. If I apply some of my knowledge to more than one question, will it be OK as long as it's relevant to each question? I don't know if each question is marked completely seperately or if I'll get marked down for repeating myself?

Ta.

this sounds like third essay syndrome.

basically you have one that you know lots on, one that you know a bit on, and one that you will have to wing with remnants of your mind, its ok each essay will make up a seperate mark contributing to the whole. the best thing to do would be to apply your knowledge to one question, as I indicate wing the third one. then you get three essays 1 an A one a B and one a C wheras a bit in each would be three C's. no?

I´ve been around South America for the last month and everywhere here automatically sticks a 10% tip onto your bill and you can´t seem to avoid it, even if the service is crap at times. Most of the time it´s been excellent though, far better than the standard in the UK. If I was in, say, Pizza Hut, and some bored schoolgirl doing her Friday shift did it in her usual moaney and bored fashion before sticking on 10% automatically, I´d be raging. Saying that, I normally wouldn´t tip if they were crap and it probably just turns into a catch 22 for them - "I´m miserable because people give me crap tips for being miserable. I don´t want to work here, Mum makes me and then takes a share for keeps, urgh, life´s so unfair. What do you want? We´ve run out of Pepperoni."

You can tell I´m not a massive fan of Pizza Hut restaurants even though I like the delivery. If it´s a really shite freezing, wet and windy night though, I might be tempted to tip the delivery guy. Normally I don´t, but I often feel a bit bad about it afterwards until I dig into my pizza and then forget all about the nice guy that gave me it while he rushes about town for tuppence, scared of missing deadlines and getting into shit off his manager.

Still to get my missus a wee thing for crimbo, she knows what she's getting mainly but I thought i'd get her something to open christmas morning.

I'm going for a box set of some sort, she previously enjoyed NCIS, Greys Anatomy, CSI, Prison Break so anything along them lines...

Ideas please.

Get to know your missus better?

Get to know your missus better?

I'm getting her a boxset because I know she'd like that. I was asking for recommendations of any dvd's similar to the ones I said she previously watched and enjoyed!

Mongo! mad.gif

Edited by Cyber_soccer