Quick Question Thread

In a UK general election, what happens to decide the winning candidate in the event of a dead heat in any given seat?

Do the same rules apply in the constituency votes in the Scottish Parliament and Welsh and NI Assemblies?

In a UK general election, what happens to decide the winning candidate in the event of a dead heat in any given seat?

Do the same rules apply in the constituency votes in the Scottish Parliament and Welsh and NI Assemblies?

Only one way they can sort it out......FIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

It can be the toss of a coin, cut of cards, drawing of lots.

The decision as to which of these is down to the ERO (Electoral Returning Officer),

Thats the council bloke in charge of the election/count.

Would love to say this was made up but thats UK democracy.

After recounts a dead heat is extremely rare due to size of electorate.

A small electorate give more chance of deadheat for example the last two Provosts of North Ayrshire Council (elected by the councillors) have been elected on the cut of a deck of cards after votes were tied.

Right I cant be arsed doing my homework.

Has anyone got any decent examples of Western European companies who have become involved in business arrangements in Eastern Europe since the inception of the Single Market?

Scotstoun Leisure Centre

Edited by Fudge

Right I cant be arsed doing my homework.

Has anyone got any decent examples of Western European companies who have become involved in business arrangements in Eastern Europe since the inception of the Single Market?

BP,sure they've been involved in oil and gas in Siberia or somewhere else in the former Soviet Union.

Eta:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12195576

Edited by saint dave