Quick Question Thread

Can anyone recommend a nice but reasonably priced place to eat in Glasgow city centre? skint til i get paid on Monday but have to take the Mrs out for dinner tonight.

I like Tony Macaronis on Byres Rd and it's pretty cheap. There's one in the Italian Centre just off Ingram St

What does everyone pay for car insurance?

my cheapest fully comp quote was 850 quid, it just seems so much or have i been let off lightly considering it's my first quote for my first car?

my cheapest fully comp quote was 850 quid, it just seems so much or have i been let off lightly considering it's my first quote for my first car?

Go browsing via quidco.com

You could get a tidy sum in cash back.

Depends on the car...

It depends on a myriad of factors including age, length of time you've held your licence, the car, your postcode, any no claims discount accrued as a named driver etc.

As an indication I'm 20, have held a full licence for just over 2 years, have accrued 2 year's NCD as a named driver under my mum's policy with Direct Line. A couple of days ago I had a look to see what they'd quote me for a year on a 1998 1.3L Rover Mini kept in AB15 (statistically the cheapest Scottish postcode). I was getting a quote of about £900.

It depends on a myriad of factors including age, length of time you've held your licence, the car, your postcode, any no claims discount accrued as a named driver etc.

As an indication I'm 20, have held a full licence for just over 2 years, have accrued 2 year's NCD as a named driver under my mum's policy with Direct Line. A couple of days ago I had a look to see what they'd quote me for a year on a 1998 1.3L Rover Mini kept in AB15 (statistically the cheapest Scottish postcode). I was getting a quote of about £900.

As your not the "named driver" and just a user of your mums car officially your NCD won't be as useful as it would be for someone as a the named driver

yeah, looks like it"s just a case of sucking it up, just hope it gets cheaper sooner rather than later.

As your not the "named driver" and just a user of your mums car officially your NCD won't be as useful as it would be for someone as a the named driver

It's not that straightforward. As a named driver with Direct Line you build up your own independent no-claims discount, but with the caveat that it can only be redeemed by starting your own Direct Line policy, and you can only transfer up to 5 years no claims.

It's not that straightforward. As a named driver with Direct Line you build up your own independent no-claims discount, but with the caveat that it can only be redeemed by starting your own Direct Line policy, and you can only transfer up to 5 years no claims.

I see

Where in Tesco will I find Poptarts? Couldn't see them for the life of me in the Greenock one, and it's supposed to be the 2nd most used Tesco in the UK. :(

They are usually alongside cereal bars and single boxes of cereal.

Guest The Phoenix

They are usually alongside cereal bars and single boxes of cereal.

I guess single boxes of cereal are the ones left on the shelf. :(