Quick Question Thread

On Saturday me and are looking at getting the train to the Alloa game in Peterhead. I understand you get the train into Aberdeen and theres a fairly regular bus into Peterhead from Aberdeen. Anyway, the best price I can seem to find for a return from Stirling - Aberdeen is £52. That seems a wee bit high to me, or is that just the going rate? Anyone got any tips on how to get it down a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On Saturday me and are looking at getting the train to the Alloa game in Peterhead. I understand you get the train into Aberdeen and theres a fairly regular bus into Peterhead from Aberdeen. Anyway, the best price I can seem to find for a return from Stirling - Aberdeen is £52. That seems a wee bit high to me, or is that just the going rate? Anyone got any tips on how to get it down a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You should get a young persons' railcard. It would only be £35 usuing that. (It does cost £25ish, but you only pay 66% of any off peak fare)

You should get a young persons' railcard. It would only be £35 usuing that. (It does cost £25ish, but you only pay 66% of any off peak fare)

Pencils; If you have a Young Scot Card you can get one of these for free.

Expecting big things now , whats your username ?

Here

I was kidding on. I post about football and shite that no-one really cares about, but I suppose that's what it's about.

One of my mates is off to Dundee Uni and another to Edinburgh Uni come September.

I'm going to head up and visit both on my week off to take part in some serious drinking and hopefully Freshers Week action.

Anyone recommend the best student pubs for freshers week in Dundee and Edinburgh for a night out? Probably need a good nightclub shout aswell

Thanks

Ye really need to book trips like this weeks in advance if you don't want to pay stupid amounts like that. Yel be about £15 return for the Aberdeen-Peterhead bus as well btw. Robbing fucks.

P.Cannon - £63.90

Ye really need to book trips like this weeks in advance if you don't want to pay stupid amounts like that. Yel be about £15 return for the Aberdeen-Peterhead bus as well btw. Robbing fucks.

P.Cannon - £16.90

Fixed.

You sometimes get cheap fares put on sale online right up to the day of travel, so keep checking. £52 pounds is the maximum you'll pay, so no point in booking early. If you really want to save a little bit, leave Stirling at 0625, arriving Aberdeen at 0844, leave Aberdeen at 2042 arriving Stirling 2243. Buy singles. Cost £41.20. Any money you save will end up at Weatherspoons though..

Or Megabus via Edinburgh for £32, at more civilised times...

Edited by welshbairn

You sometimes get cheap fares put on sale online right up to the day of travel, so keep checking. £52 pounds is the maximum you'll pay, so no point in booking early. If you really want to save a little bit, leave Stirling at 0625, arriving Aberdeen at 0844, leave Aberdeen at 2042 arriving Stirling 2243. Buy singles. Cost £41.20. Any money you save will end up at Weatherspoons though..

Or Megabus via Edinburgh for £32, at more civilised times...

:huh: Thats the exact point why you should book it early if its offering less.

No, if that's the price that's being quoted now, and it's the same price that it will be on the day, there's no point booking it now. Rather just keep checking and see if there's any last minute reductions. If not, no matter because it was the £52 price anyway.

As Mrs M said, I wasn't meaning to contradict you. To have the best chance of a cheap ticket you have to keep checking for up to 3 months before. The b*stards really don't want you to find one.