Quick Question Thread

344 leaves when you get off the 48 past train from Queen Street. Get off at Blackwood (you'll see the ground from the roundabout) and just walk towards it. Cost about 70p.

You're better getting a bus from Buchanan Street, an X3, drops you off at Craiglinn.

How long would it take me to walk to broadwood from croy train station?

Adam's right, it's about 15 minutes.

The way I walk, I leave the station, turn right and walk up the hill. Go straight on at the first roundabout(*) at the second one(#) turn right and head over a big patch of grass(1) and walk through the housing estate. When you get through the housing estate turn left onto a main-ish road(2), take a right just before another roundabout(3), you should be able to see the stadium by now but you walk along this wee road(there's a few garages on your right) and then turn right after a short walk along a path(4) and you can definitely see the stadium.

I've attached the line I walk on Google Maps, with the main points in the instructions marked on the map:

post-25889-0-39457700-1312483746_thumb.j

£3.59!!!!!!!! !? What madness is this? Surely you're pulling my leg?

I am not friend, it's fantastic value! Looking forward to grabbing one on Saturday, I've been missing my fix!

I am not friend, it's fantastic value! Looking forward to grabbing one on Saturday, I've been missing my fix!

Cheapksate! Go large for an extra pound or so. You get a giant Yorkshire pud with sausage in it. You then discreetly move your carved meat on top of the pud leaving maximum room for tatties and veg. I also try to go with fussy people who may not like one of the meats, but I make them order it anyway then eat it for them.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Does anyone know the name of a song from an advert about a year or so ago.... The song had I think just a guitar and very simple drums and a very high pitched female vocal. Can't remember what the advert was for, think it was a pretty mainstream brand like O2 or something. The only lyrics I can remember is something to do with soldiers - although to be honest I'm not even certain on that.

Had the melody stuck in my head ever since I heard it and I haven't heard the song since. I know I've been vague as hell there, but a long shot's still a shot.

Does anyone know the name of a song from an advert about a year or so ago.... The song had I think just a guitar and very simple drums and a very high pitched female vocal. Can't remember what the advert was for, think it was a pretty mainstream brand like O2 or something. The only lyrics I can remember is something to do with soldiers - although to be honest I'm not even certain on that.

Had the melody stuck in my head ever since I heard it and I haven't heard the song since. I know I've been vague as hell there, but a long shot's still a shot.

Might be this? It's definitely got soldiers in it, anyway.

the bit i think you're talking about comes on at about 2.20

Edited by McKee

That bit's key really, unless that sarcasm's gone over my head. (which it may well of done)

Edited by BradHorse

Im heading to oban with the bowling club in two weeks time for the weekend, where is good to go once we've been papped out of the tournament were entering? Decent pubs, takeaways, im assuming theres not a nightclub?

Best pub: Auleys (beside the TSB)

Takeaway: Nories (as mentioned before) do decent chips. I Like the doner kebabs fron Kebabish across the road. Best Indian is Light of India (just off Argyll Sq in Stevenson St). I'm not a fan of any of the Chinese options.

Nightclub: Nearest thing is O'Donnells. Just ask how to get there. Not great........