Quick Question Thread

I'm looking to buy a second hand car but dont know what to look for, i'm pretty useless at cars and the last two i've had was either bought off a family member or a mate.

Any idea's what i should be looking for? Or what questions to ask?

Cheers

I buy and sell cars quite a lot ;)

What is your budget and what type of car are you looking for?

I buy and sell cars quite a lot ;)

What is your budget and what type of car are you looking for?

My budget is about 2.5k , i am only looking for a car to commute with to be honest.

Looking for something that would be cheap to run and isn't going to break down on me too often. I'm not too snobbish about cars, have already test drived one from a dealer who turned up the radio to cover up the hole in the exhaust laugh.gif

Edited by Bobby Skidmarks

If you have 2.5k cash then a private sale is the best way to go and not a dealer who will add on at least £500-700 to the price,Try Autotrader,Adtrader or Gumtree.I would also suggest an HPI check on the car which costs about £40 which checks if the car has HP,Is stolen or has been in an accident and is a Cat d or C write off.

If you know a local mechanic then pay him to go and look at the car with you,It will be money well spent.

Edited by keithgy

Got a ticket for the Scotland game for me and mates, getting the train, do I get off at Central and then wait for the train to the Mount Florida and how long is the wait?

There are about 4 stations within a 15 minute walk of Hampden, you'd be better getting off at one of them instead of getting a Mount Florida train, they are packed and you can wait for ages after the game to get on one. I'd suggest getting off at Cathcart and it's about a 10 minute walk.

If you have 2.5k cash then a private sale is the best way to go and not a dealer who will add on at least £500-700 to the price,Try Autotrader,Adtrader or Gumtree.I would also suggest an HPI check on the car which costs about £40 which checks if the car has HP,Is stolen or has been in an accident and is a Cat d or C write off.

If you know a local mechanic then pay him to go and look at the car with you,It will be money well spent.

Yeah its cash, cheers for that. I dont know a mechanic but i am definately going private after my dealer experience.

There are about 4 stations within a 15 minute walk of Hampden, you'd be better getting off at one of them instead of getting a Mount Florida train, they are packed and you can wait for ages after the game to get on one. I'd suggest getting off at Cathcart and it's about a 10 minute walk.

It depends what train you get as one of them goes to both Cathcart and Mount Florida. And Queen's Park and Crosshill are both on the same line as Mount Florida so that would only leave King's Park, which a takes longer on the train and leaves you further away from Hampden.

Plus if he gets the train with Scotland fans then he can just follow them to Hampden if he doesn't know the route.

I would say yes, get the train to Mount Florida. It's on the Newton line, but watch out, it's got two different circles. One of them goes through Pollokshield West, Maxwell Park, Shawlands, Pollokshaws East and Langside instead of going through Queen's Park, Crosshill and Mount Florida. If you happened to get the wrong one and do end up going through the Polloks then wait and get off at King's Park and just walk.

Thinking about it, it won't really matter if you don't know the way from King's Park station as if you arrive close enough to kick off then there will be shitloads of folk in Scotland tops walking in the same direction.

Myself and a few mates are thinking of heading to Munich for New Year. Can anyone offer any advice? Even if it's don't!

Hotels, boozers, What area of town to stay etc?

Much appreciated.

The wombat hostel is a good 1, right next to the main train station and only a 10 min walk into town

Yeah, Wombats hostels are generally well run in good locations. I'd love to go to Munich some day.

Thanks guys, anyone else?

Got a ticket for the Scotland game for me and mates, getting the train, do I get off at Central and then wait for the train to the Mount Florida and how long is the wait?

Your first problem is that trains from Cardross don't go to Central. They all end up at Queen Street.................

Go to Partick, then wait 2 or 3 minutes for a train to Central. When you get there, you can wait anything up to 30 min for a train to Mount Florida.

After the game, you are quickest to walk back to the centre. Go to Argyll St station and get a train to Partick, then get the train back to Cardross. You can get a reasonable Special Chow Mein at the Station Wok carryout beside Partick station to eat on the train. Think yourself lucky to be able to get off at Cardross. I have to drive home after the train arrives in Helensburgh. :angry:

Myself and 2 mates got a taxi from the City Centre to Hampden last night for the Denmark game and it cost £5. If there's 3 or 4 of you going then you're only a couple of pound each.

Easy going out, Scott. Try getting a taxi back after the game.

Much as I hate it, it's far easier to walk.

You can also haggle if you go the lower quality subjects off the beaten track. If they are having a quiet evening you can normally get a couple girls for 40 euros. Might be worht considering a visit to the bannana bar beforehand, its reasonably pricey but it acts as a tremendous amuse bouche.

Cheers for that, Cube. Take it you've been in Amsterdam?

Can see myself right now with a couple of clatty Euro bitches. 8)