Quick Question Thread

It spins at 1600km/h. That's 4.3 km's every ten seconds. Yes I would deem that as quickly.

At the equator. Speed due to rotation is (roughly) calculated by taking the cosine of the latitude you're looking for multiplied by the rotational speed of the earth.

If you stood exactly at the North Pole (not really the North Pole buut at 90degrees latitude) it would move very slowly.

At the equator. Speed due to rotation is (roughly) calculated by taking the cosine of the latitude you're looking for multiplied by the rotational speed of the earth.

If you stood exactly at the North Pole (not really the North Pole buut at 90degrees latitude) it would move very slowly.

Correct. So if you stood at the North pole then everyone would spin around you?

The shop I work in was recently closed. Most people were made redundant but a few of us are being kept on and moved to another shop. I've spent the last four weeks emptying the shop but that finished last Tuesday. I've still not heard anything about where I'm getting moved to. Do they still have to pay me until they find me a new job?

So I've been placed at a new shop. For the last four weeks I've been getting only part of my wages as I've not been working full time and the last couple of weeks I've not been working at all. My work has paid me for the hours i've worked and used my lieu days (without asking me first).

A work colleague is in the same position as me and has sent thema letter pointing out they've not been paying us correctly and has still to hear anything back from them.

Two things, I've checked my contract and it says nothing about a lay off time, should I still have been getting a full wage? Secondly, can the company use my lieu days without me agreeing?

I don't want strain the relationship with my employer but I also want what i'm due.

I've just found a flat on www.thelettingcentre.net and they were decent enough to deal with, very well priced although a limited selection. Best bet is to search on rightmove or citylets, find places that take your fancy and phone the letting agent directly rather than going through either website. Even if the flat in question has been let, they may have something else suitable.

Thank you very much Dave, shall do.

Easy enough, i just needed the mrs to hold it still and i drilled way through the wall, brackets went up easy enough (got mine from tesco) then tv onto brackets then hey presto

Cool, sounds easy enough. Cheers!