Quick Question Thread

On Sunday, I'm picking someone up at Glasgow Airport at about 6pm, and I've never even so much as been to Glasgow Airport before, so a few things:

What's the parking like, if I want to just park up and then go into the terminal to meet my pal off her plane? How much does it cost, how far away etc?

If I'm going from Stirling, roughly what time am I going to have to leave? Google Maps is telling me that it'll take 52 minutes, but I honestly don't have a clue what the traffic is like on the M8 at that time on a Sunday.

So, yeah, cheers for any help :)

There's a 'reasonably' priced short stay car park but it will probably still be a few quid for half an hour. As LM says, if you loiter around you can pick them up at the pick up/drop off zone for free.

There is massive roadworks along the M80 and it's 40mph with average speed cameras. I'd give it 1 hr 30mins just to be on the safe side.

No idea how long it'll take you to get there, but do you really have to go into the terminal to get her? Can you get her to come out to the car? It's just that if you're driving in and are only there for a couple of minutes, you're not charged. When Adam's Dad picks us up, we text him at baggage collection, he drives in, we meet him in the car park and we're off again before they've seen so much as a tenner off us - which isn't actually much of an over-estimate in terms of how much it'll cost you to stop and wait.

So can I get in/out of the car park without paying anything?

For example, there's a bloke coming with me in the car - can I drop him off somewhere so he goes into the terminal, and then I wait in the car for the two of them to come out, without being charged? I don't mind having to slowly creep round a car park to avoid wardens or anything...

:lol:

Apologies for the stupidity/basicness of these questions, but it's ages since I've even been to any airport, let alone Glasgow!

So can I get in/out of the car park without paying anything?

For example, there's a bloke coming with me in the car - can I drop him off somewhere so he goes into the terminal, and then I wait in the car for the two of them to come out, without being charged? I don't mind having to slowly creep round a car park to avoid wardens or anything...

:lol:

Apologies for the stupidity/basicness of these questions, but it's ages since I've even been to any airport, let alone Glasgow!

You'll have missed my deletion and repost then? There's a wee link up there that tells you the charges, so you'll have to pay, but if you do as you suggest and send the lad in while you wait somewhere else, only entering the carpark when you know they're on their way out, it'll only be a quid.

Edit to add: hang on a bloody second, I've just found another page that says something else! Up to 10 mins is free: so it says here.

Edited by Lyn-Marie