Quick Question Thread

Let's face it - it's no Dodge Viper.

It is a bit of a girly car. If it's all you can afford, though, then woman's car > no car.

What manly cars could I get for a similar car?

People look up to me as a real manly guy, so I wouldn't be happy being seen looking even slightly effeminate

Sterling vs Euro tourist rate ---- see that Euro Zone Spain, Portugal, etc are in the doldrums financially right now. What I don't get is why the Sterling Euro rate has hardly altered ---- Any takers on why this is ? Thinking about when to book my hols for best rate etc ;)

Can shops sell alcohol after 10 am in Scotland now? I think they can but I want confirmation.

Also how easy is it to get parked in the centre of Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy? There look like there are car parks so I assume I'll be ok? 

Do you mean 10pm? If so, I don't think so.

Can shops sell alcohol after 10 am in Scotland now? I think they can but I want confirmation.

Also how easy is it to get parked in the centre of Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy? There look like there are car parks so I assume I'll be ok?

Nope. and now not before ten am...what the fek is goin on.Is the war still on?

Very easy for both, you'll get it for free in Glenrothes (there's council offices nearby, see) but it'll cost in Kirkcaldy.

This may be difficult to explain, but...

In the UK, when a team scores, there's obviously the roar of the crowd. You can make out the first "syllable" of the roar, if you like, which is "Ye-", clearly from everyone shouting "YES!"

Now, in Spain, it's not "Si!" or even "Goal" that seem to be the root of the roar, but rather an "Oa-" or similar.

Does anyone know why? When they score, do they all just go "ohhhhhhhhhhhh!"?

It's one of these things that's been on my mind for a while...

This may be difficult to explain, but...

In the UK, when a team scores, there's obviously the roar of the crowd. You can make out the first "syllable" of the roar, if you like, which is "Ye-", clearly from everyone shouting "YES!"

Now, in Spain, it's not "Si!" or even "Goal" that seem to be the root of the roar, but rather an "Oa-" or similar.

Does anyone know why? When they score, do they all just go "ohhhhhhhhhhhh!"?

It's one of these things that's been on my mind for a while...

You hear the 'aw' sound in 'Gol', which is what they shout when a goal goes in.

Yeah Fudge is right there.

Yesterday when I was sitting on the throne, I was looking about for something to read (no magazines or anything in our bog). I picked up the tube of Colgate that was sitting on the sink. It had down the side -

Strengthens

Teeth

Freshens

Breath

If you take out the first four letters of each word it is STFB, which could be Stand The Fuck Back. Are Colgate sending me secret messages?

Yesterday when I was sitting on the throne, I was looking about for something to read (no magazines or anything in our bog). I picked up the tube of Colgate that was sitting on the sink. It had down the side -

Strengthens

Teeth

Freshens

Breath

If you take out the first four letters of each word it is STFB, which could be Stand The Fuck Back. Are Colgate sending me secret messages?

Stop

Talking

Fucking

Bollocks

Guest The Phoenix

Strengthens

Teeth

Freshens

Breath

Tube. :rolleyes:

After the current vehicle registration format, ie XX59 XXX, what comes next, in March 2010? Is it XX010 XXX or something different?

I think they'll start using XX10 XXX then XX60 XXX etc until XX69 XXX, then they'll go XX30 XXX and XX70 XXX etc.

It means the current numberplate scheme should still last 50 years.

How many posters have announced the loss of their virginity on P&B? I was just thinking that VirginTON is constantly mocked, but that's not really going to stop unless he announces one day "BTW, pumped someb'dy"

I can remember wee_bairn, who posted something like "Threw away ma v-plates!" in about 2004, and also hardcore Navy-Lad and former Rab-the-Bruce enthusiast Akritoi once posted something along the lines of "Had a great weekend, let's just say it involved me... a girl... and a bed."

Possibly DB62 did a similar thing recently, I'm not sure.

So, anyone else? Or would you rather discuss how creepy it is that I can remember posts word for word from years ago?