Quick Question Thread

Seriously, it's a nice trip to Easdale.

Drive over the "Bridge over the Atlantic" onto Seil, stopping for a plate of soup & a pint at the Tigh an Truish pub on the other side before walking over the bridge.

Drive down to Ellenabeich, signal for the ferry to come & pick you up. While you are waiting, go and look at the tartan tat & strange religious paintings at C John Taylor's "Highland Arts". You won't buy anything, but you'll get a free bit of shortbread and leave thinking "who buys that stuff"

When you get to Easdale, turn right, and walk anticlockwise round the perimeter of the island (there's an obvious path starting in the village). See the quarries then climb the hill in the centre of the island. The view is great from the viewpoint if the weather is clear. Then hit the pub or the museum when you get back to the village (assuming the pub is open)

After you get the ferry back, you can visit the brewery in Ellenabeich, before heading back to Oban

Easedale's quite nice. I went and there was a stone skimming competition. I never won but I saw a buzzard which was pretty cool.

There really isn't a lot in Oban. There's a rare breeds park which I enjoyed when I was a kid until a pig stole my lunch. There's a few nice restaurants and Norrie's in the best chippy in the land.

Easedale's quite nice. I went and there was a stone skimming competition. I never won but I saw a buzzard which was pretty cool.There really isn't a lot in Oban. There's a rare breeds park which I enjoyed when I was a kid until a pig stole my lunch. There's a few nice restaurants and Norrie's in the best chippy in the land.

Rare breeds......like nimble and milanda?

Anyone know the rules on ecigs at airport security? Allowed or banned?

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6439278-E_cigarettes_in_airports-Air_Travel.html

According to that, most Airports and Airlines don't allow them.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/services-and-facilities/smoking-areas

Heathrow also don't allow them unless they are in the designated smoking areas.

Edited by KeeperDee

Seriously, it's a nice trip to Easdale.

Drive over the "Bridge over the Atlantic" onto Seil, stopping for a plate of soup & a pint at the Tigh an Truish pub on the other side before walking over the bridge.

Drive down to Ellenabeich, signal for the ferry to come & pick you up. While you are waiting, go and look at the tartan tat & strange religious paintings at C John Taylor's "Highland Arts". You won't buy anything, but you'll get a free bit of shortbread and leave thinking "who buys that stuff"

When you get to Easdale, turn right, and walk anticlockwise round the perimeter of the island (there's an obvious path starting in the village). See the quarries then climb the hill in the centre of the island. The view is great from the viewpoint if the weather is clear. Then hit the pub or the museum when you get back to the village (assuming the pub is open)

After you get the ferry back, you can visit the brewery in Ellenabeich, before heading back to Oban

This picture of Jimmy Saville from C. John Taylor is possibly the most terrifying thing in the world of art!

post-13234-0-51890100-1379875777_thumb.j

Eta: Nice warm shortbread ;-)

Bought f*** all of course though. Nice wee bar on Easdale though, cheers for the heads up.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I have a job interview today and I'm being asked to bring a copy of right to entitlement to work in the UK, I assume my NI card will be fine but under it it also says to bring proof of NI number as well, will the card be suffice for both?

I have a job interview today and I'm being asked to bring a copy of right to entitlement to work in the UK, I assume my NI card will be fine but under it it also says to bring proof of NI number as well, will the card be suffice for both?

As well as the NI card would suggest to take your passport just to be sure (assuming you hold a UK one with British Citizen mentioned under nationality).

When it comes to Movember, when is it acceptable to start growing the old mouser?

Ah great, the annual mass email saying "sponsor me!" (especially at work) and looking all stingey because you've already given a decent amount to another friend.

Edit: Just realised November isn't tomorrow!

Edited by Hedgecutter

Ah great, the annual mass email saying "sponsor me!" (especially at work) and looking all stingey because you've already given a decent amount to another friend.

I won't be sponsoring anybody this year.

In fact the whole charity thing can take a running jump.