Quick Question Thread

Looking for a bit of help from someone in the know about car finance. Basically I took a car out on finance 2 years ago and the plan was over 5 years. I now want a better car as I have a better job and can afford one, plus I have a bit of a dream car and now will be the only time I have the chance to get one with no mortgage/babies yet.

Anyhoo, my question is this, someone at my work told me that once you have paid half the balance of your finance you can give the car back to the garage and cancel the contract. I have no idea if this is correct or not and was basically wondering if this is a possibility or whether I'm stuck with a car I dont really want anymore for 5 years. Cheers.

Looking for a bit of help from someone in the know about car finance. Basically I took a car out on finance 2 years ago and the plan was over 5 years. I now want a better car as I have a better job and can afford one, plus I have a bit of a dream car and now will be the only time I have the chance to get one with no mortgage/babies yet.

Anyhoo, my question is this, someone at my work told me that once you have paid half the balance of your finance you can give the car back to the garage and cancel the contract. I have no idea if this is correct or not and was basically wondering if this is a possibility or whether I'm stuck with a car I dont really want anymore for 5 years. Cheers.

This is definitely the case, however, it may adversely affect your credit rating, I think.

This is definitely the case, however, it may adversely affect your credit rating, I think.

Thanks, Ill nip down to the Seat garage and ask I just didn't want to look stupid when I went down.

There are different types of finance available. What does it say at the top of the credit agreement?

If it specifically says “Hire-Purchase Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974” or “Conditional Sale Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974”, then you can terminate the agreement if you have paid half the total amount payable (including the deposit & any final payment) Look at section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act for details

However, if it says anything else, (most commonly "Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974"), then you can't terminate - you would need to ask for an early settlement figure.

Have channel4 decided to go all hip, trendy and ultra PC and hired a continuity announcer with Tourette's?

She kept saying "biscuits" after every couple of words!

WTF was that all about? Me and the missus were sitting watching Posh Pawn with that fruitcake popping up in the ads.

WTF was that all about? Me and the missus were sitting watching Posh Pawn with that fruitcake popping up in the ads.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bornrisky/articles/all/alternative-voices

It looks like they have hired a few different people to do the continuity voice overs. Wonder how the girl that can't talk will get on?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bornrisky/articles/all/alternative-voices

It looks like they have hired a few different people to do the continuity voice overs. Wonder how the girl that can't talk will get on?

:lol:

I just read an article there on biscuit woman - 900 times an hour she says it. That's nearly as much as Eamonn Holmes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2132412/The-woman-says-biscuit-900-times-hour-Listen-Tourette-s-sufferer-breaks-taboo-humour.html

Heh. Just heard biscuit that interview with her on biscuit Radio 4 with James biscuit Naughtie. I feel biscuit sorry for her but biscuit at least she's getting biscuit on with her life and not sand dune letting it get biscuit her down.

It's certainly biscuit a bizarre affliction biscuit though.

Have channel4 decided to go all hip, trendy and ultra PC and hired a continuity announcer with Tourette's?

She kept saying "biscuits" after every couple of words!

The channel 4 announcers have form. A couple of years ago they would introduce episodes of The Simpsons without actually saying the family name. It would be "The Plimpsons" or "The Mimpsons" etc.

And it was different announcers that were in on it. After a few weeks, a lassie finally said the proper name and something along the lines of "I know, I give up, can't think of any more to keep it going"

Probably an office bet or something.

Anyway, I have a question.

Is there a website that catalogues full player stats for the season? (For player and teams)

For instance, if I want to check how many key passes/assists Darren Fletcher has made. Or his average distance covered per game.

Then compare it with his teammates.

Does anyone know if there exists such a comprehensive website?