Quick Question Thread

I pass the Beauly to Denny new power line a fair bit. Aye I lead an exciting life. But why did they decide to build huge pylons rather than bury the line? Give we have power outages due to cables coming down .

Took it to shop on leith walk they said it was totally fucked but our insurance at flat doesn't cover it, luckily my folks are claiming it on their insurance so I will prob get new system, someone is coming to pick it up during the week some time so it should all be sorted

I didn't get my greenies back either Sunday was an awful day but I had been drinking far too much and wasn't thinking straight and kept making it worse for myself, pretty annoying I mentioned my rep after being at minus 66 then getting to minus ten just to get pelters for it. Was an awful few hours for me, been laying off the sauce a bit since

Couldn't resist.

Nor me.

Electric_Shock_Aversion_Therapy_The_Simp
Edited by pandarilla

I pass the Beauly to Denny new power line a fair bit. Aye I lead an exciting life. But why did they decide to build huge pylons rather than bury the line? Give we have power outages due to cables coming down .

I'm sure I read somewhere that it costs about ten times as much to bury lines, than to fire them up on pylons.

Opta have the rights for that data in the EPL. Nothing exists for the Scottish leagues as far as I am aware.

Soccernet has the most detailed Scottish stats but they aren't as detailed as Opta.

You can get things like assists, shots on goal, total shots, fouls committed, fouls suffered etc though.

I'm having an "informal chat" tomorrow regarding an Events Management position that has come up. It's taking place in a pub/restaurant rather than the office, which is where I imagine the formal discussions will take place. Should I wear a suit tomorrow?

I'm having an "informal chat" tomorrow regarding an Events Management position that has come up. It's taking place in a pub/restaurant rather than the office, which is where I imagine the formal discussions will take place. Should I wear a suit tomorrow?

If it's an "infomal chat", I wouldn't go "formally dressed".

But then I'm an auld fecker and may be out of step with modern 21st C trends. :P

Guest The Phoenix

I'd suggest smart casual would be appropriate, accompanied by an air of confidence, a big smile and a warm handshake.

Go get 'em, Adam!

Smart/casual maybe? I wouldn't quite over do it but obviously you would want to give a decent impression.

I have an audition on Friday and there is quite a decent job up for grabs but as I will jumping around making an arse of myself for half an hour, a suit might not be the best thing to wear. I'll need to make a decision on that one.

Smart/casual maybe? I wouldn't quite over do it but obviously you would want to give a decent impression.

I have an audition on Friday and there is quite a decent job up for grabs but as I will jumping around making an arse of myself for half an hour, a suit might not be the best thing to wear. I'll need to make a decision on that one.

Broxi Bear body double ?? 8)

Thanks everyone. I think I'll go with a shirt and smart jeans.

EDIT: Good luck with your interview, Raff!

I actually have an induction on Wednesday for a job I have been offered for (commonwealth games one) and the hours and pay are ideal for me but I want to make a decent an effort at the audition. Could be a couple of big decisions to make!

See you at the quiz on Friday (well two weeks on friday(!)) ;)

Edited by Chris_DK

Quick question which is not worth starting a new thread for in the travel forum or anything.

On a stag do in Magaluf in a couple of days for a week. Anyone been recently with a rough idea of what the costs are like? Not been since 2008 so I guess it's gone up a bit since then!

Don't need to budget or anything, just wondering how much cash I should be looking at getting changed before going over? We're just in a shitty self catering so would need to include meals & that.

£700/ £800 sound about right?