New Manager

Bryan

Who should be the New Manager?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it not disrepectful to have a pollof this nature given that the present incumbent is still in the job?..

no.

After paying 18pound to watch that pish, I'd like to see the SFA have some balls and sack Bertie.

Now.

Is it not disrepectful to have a pollof this nature given that the present incumbent is still in the job?..

...we'll all remember you said that when yer giving the Falkirk manager some stick !! B)

Strachan - has to be. The guy's a legend and would take the job. He would get the players' respect and make a good job of it.

MON THE STRACHAN! :D

Walter Smith is the man for the job. Strachan says he doesn't want it until another few years yet, Willie Miller - has he ever achieved anything as a manager (?), Alex McLeish isn't a good judge of players and wouldn't leave Rangers anyway, Tommy Burns is as bad as Berti - he picks the players that Berti's got, Ian McCall hasd a lot more to do at United before he could be considered as a candidate, Rainer Bonhof - leave him where he is, the youh team is doin't not too bad, Paul Lambert - no experience whatsoever, John Robertsopn - not learned enough yet, Jimmy Calderwood - got a lengthy contract at Aberdeen, Kenny Dalglish -we ned someone who'll last the length , not someone who jumps ship when the going gets tough, Craig Levein - why would someone whose team is in Europe leave for the Scotland job, Joe Jordan - stuck in the past.

Its not disrespectful to talk about who is next up for the job, Berties body language suggest he doesnt want to be there anyway !! i dont beleive for one minute all the players who called off are injured, i think they dont actually want to play for Bertie, Strachan would have them queueing up to play for him i reckon, the guys Scottish through and through, he,d bring the pride back, Berties finished.

Guest ali_le_point

Berti's been looking like a flea on a griddle for months. He's burned up any currency he ever had with the fans. There'll be a lynch mob at the SFA if the boys fail against Moldova, and it won't be for the manager but for the jokers who appointed him.

As for Mr Strachan not wanting the gig, can we see him offered the job and turning it down because he's not ready yet? :oops I don't think so.

I lost respect for him when he took the easy way out and basically said "What am I supposed to do with this collection of pish" and used the age old "Scotland is a small country" nonsense.

So is Slovenia (I've been there) and they've just beaten Italy. We wont!

He isnt getting the best out of the collection of players he has. Carlos Alberto has managed to make Azerbaijan hard to beat as Wales and Northern Ireland found out - does Berti think they are out of our reach too?

Totally agree although I would go further and say it's shocking to have a poll of this nature given that the present incumbent is doing such a good job.

Interesting to see you all voting for Strachan. I wonder why he didn't apply for the job the last time it was vacant? <_<

Totally agree although I would go further and say it's shocking to have a poll of this nature given that the present incumbent is doing such a good job.

....if the job is to make Scotland the laughing stock of world football then he is indeed doing a truly excellent job.

BTW up until this post I wasn't 100% sure if Tormod was the worlds greatest Vogts appologist, Berti himself or someone on the windup...his latest post confirms it has to be the latter....not even Bertrand would say he's doing an excellent job

PaulC.

BTW up until this post I wasn't 100% sure if Tormod was the worlds greatest Vogts appologist, Berti himself or someone on the windup...his latest post confirms it has to be the latter....

I was the same.... I am still not convinced he isnt on the windup.

No one can seriously believe Herr Berti is doing a good job.

now tell me how is any one of these manager going to make a difference he will still have the same shite players to pick, and it is interesting that everyone says sack Berti and not Sack berti and burns, Tommy Burns is as much to blame here if not more so he is the one who is supposed to help Berti get his message across to the players, he is the one who is supposed to give advice to Berti on who to pick.

Yesterday was hardly the managers fault, he didnt shout across the park to James McFudden to put his hand up and get sent off.

I do believe his time is up but who is going to do a better job

as others have said, its not Berti that needs to do something but :-

Alex Ferguson

Davie Moyes

Alex Mccleish

Martin Oneil

among others....

What use is it trying to do well when our star players are sitting on the bench/playing in reserve games? and the only option is to play players who arent quite good enough?

Fair enough as ive always said if Berti cant do it in the qualifiers, then he has to go, and he hasnt made the best start, but as has been said its a difficult group, there will be some strange decisions, teams will take points off eachother, its much harder now, but we can still get that 2nd place. Just gotta win away to Norway and Slovenia........

The game on wednesday is the much more important game.

Archived