The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

We signed Andy Ryan for an undisclosed fee only a few months ago. To suggest it's only the Rovers, or it's embarrassing or it's putting people off things is franky ridiculous.

We're talking about selling for an undisclosed fee, not buying. 

If Gary Locke wasn’t a certified moron we’d never have known Bates went to Rangers for nothing. Drysdale was insisting it was a good deal when the only information available was an ‘undisclosed fee’.

Callachan may well have went for buttons, nobody really knows. The noises are that it wasn’t but we’ll never know.

It’s definitely a hindrance to people contributing to the development fund. The club have handed players over before, hiding behind undisclosed fees will always keep the doubt there whether it’s justified or not.

45 minutes ago, Paco said:

If Gary Locke wasn’t a certified moron we’d never have known Bates went to Rangers for nothing. Drysdale was insisting it was a good deal when the only information available was an ‘undisclosed fee’.

Callachan may well have went for buttons, nobody really knows. The noises are that it wasn’t but we’ll never know.

It’s definitely a hindrance to people contributing to the development fund. The club have handed players over before, hiding behind undisclosed fees will always keep the doubt there whether it’s justified or not.

Classic from our board last season:

Locke to the Record:

"We've not received much of a fee. It's mainly been done through loan deals and add ons"

Drysdale to the club website:

“I am aware that there has been some negative initial reaction to what was a premature leak of comment on the Bates deal by a person close to the transaction, and there has been a false perception that the deal was a poor one from a financial perspective. It is not. “With home crowds not having responded so far to our introduction of the cheapest admission prices in the Championship for the majority of our home games, and with a so far somewhat disappointing level of backing for Craig Easton’s Player Development Fund, we have needed to find alternative ways to balance the books on all these deals"

4 hours ago, rw89 said:

Classic from our board last season:

Locke to the Record:

"We've not received much of a fee. It's mainly been done through loan deals and add ons"

Drysdale to the club website:

“I am aware that there has been some negative initial reaction to what was a premature leak of comment on the Bates deal by a person close to the transaction, and there has been a false perception that the deal was a poor one from a financial perspective. It is not. “With home crowds not having responded so far to our introduction of the cheapest admission prices in the Championship for the majority of our home games, and with a so far somewhat disappointing level of backing for Craig Easton’s Player Development Fund, we have needed to find alternative ways to balance the books on all these deals"

Even after this we kept giving Locke a wage

Aye, 2 draws have got me shitting it 

So far we've needed an injury time equaliser against Alloa, drawn with the worst side in the league and lost to Albion Rovers. When we win we seem to win will but we don't seem to have an ability to eke out wins in the tight games.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So far we've needed an injury time equaliser against Alloa, drawn with the worst side in the league and lost to Albion Rovers. When we win we seem to win will but we don't seem to have an ability to eke out wins in the tight games.

Forfar and Ayr at home were tight games.

Usual over reaction to not slapping a team some think are diddies

Pardon my slip up, however still not bricking it .
Do people actually expect us to win every game ?

I wouldn't imagine so, but I'm a wee bit concerned about the performances away from home of late.

There were mitigating circumstances at Stair Park, but today was poor, and Coatbridge was a shambles.

As it stands, we've won two out of five away games in the league. If that was to continue for the rest of the season, we'd probably need to continue our excellent home record to win the league, which won't be easy.

6 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

On League position and form expected to beat a team sitting bottom of the league on a return of 3 points collected at home including the 1 the day.Ayr didnt have any problems doing them

Ayr couldn’t beat Arbroath or Airdrie at home, so it’s all ‘swings and roundabouts’

Considering our injury problems and punting our most dynamic midfielder I’m happy with where we are atm.

My first point still stands as does your point regards Ayrs inability to beat Arbroath and  Airdrie

Agree on being fairly comfortable on where we are atm for the both reasons/ excuses ;) and also because Michael Muppet at Ayr reckons they should be top as they should have beaten both Arbroath and Aidrie and deserved to beat us.Courtesy of one o& the rags the day

Edited by Rovers_Lad