The New Raith Rovers Thread

The statistics on the official site make a good reading, although it's pretty embarrassing that Tidser is amongst our top goal scorers. :lol:

I also never realised that Graham averaged over a goal a game for us, hope our strikers step up to the plate this season as he will be a big loss.

Surely another singing cant be to far away

That's what I was thinking, quite disappointed there's been nothing on the official site after the rumours & Matt Elder revealing quite a time ago that David McGurn had a verbal agreement to re-sign for another season.

That's what I was thinking, quite disappointed there's been nothing on the official site after the rumours & Matt Elder revealing quite a time ago that David McGurn had a verbal agreement to re-sign for another season.

herd that for a while

Did Malone play centre back last season or left back?

Should do a job for us I would have thought?

Mainly left back but filled in on occasion at centre back. Will do alright, was very meh for us.

Did Malone play centre back last season or left back?

Should do a job for us I would have thought?

He'll be a good player in the 2nd division. Continually got caught out positionally for us which was his biggest downfall.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

He was "awrite", nothing more, nothing less. Played every game apart from three, started the lot at left back but ended up shifting across a few times to centre back, usually when Hill got sent off. I'd actually have liked to see him get a couple of starts there as he played pretty well I thought.

Was happy enough to see him go but he should be fine for the Second Division.

Clubs vote 23-6 in favour of reconstruction.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/229116-scottish-football-league-clubs-pass-league-reconstruction-vote/

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Thank christ, should make for a much more interesting division 1 especially at the tail end of the season

If we can build on the good signings we have already made there is no reason we can realistically look at one of the play off spots as a potential goal tho thinking that most of the clubs will be aiming for that too. Bout time other teams had something else to play for in this league

Good article on the financial implications of it here. Our sixth placed finish would've seen us earn roughly £126,000 more under this new set-up. http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/229106-how-much-money-does-your-club-stand-to-make-from-league-reconstruction/

It's terrific news for us. Play-offs down to fourth last season would've meant our season wasn't over in March when we were mathematically safe, and little things like our last home game where Falkirk brought 100 or so fans would've seen then bring at least 1000 as they tried to secure a play-off spot.

Top four has to be the target next season. I'm fully expecting some kind of stupid play-off system where third plays fourth to start with, then the winner plays second, then the winner plays eleventh... but it gives us something to aim for.

Good article on the financial implications of it here. Our sixth placed finish would've seen us earn roughly £126,000 more under this new set-up. http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/229106-how-much-money-does-your-club-stand-to-make-from-league-reconstruction/

It's terrific news for us. Play-offs down to fourth last season would've meant our season wasn't over in March when we were mathematically safe, and little things like our last home game where Falkirk brought 100 or so fans would've seen then bring at least 1000 as they tried to secure a play-off spot.

Top four has to be the target next season. I'm fully expecting some kind of stupid play-off system where third plays fourth to start with, then the winner plays second, then the winner plays eleventh... but it gives us something to aim for.

This. When it gets to the end of the season and you have nothing to play off attendances will drop off. If the league is tight and places are still up for grabs not just for the playoffs but for teh enhanced cash for league finishes hopefully we can also benefit from the boost in crowds as well