The New Raith Rovers Thread

I wouldn't mind so much if they were Saturday evenings like the Stranraer v Pars game tomorrow but this Friday night thing is a pisstake for matches that aren't exactly local!

games that aren't local in the run up to Christmas, what's not to like about them being on TV? There will be a reduced crowd regardless so at least it's games that are away from home and it's not costing our club in lost revenue.

Friday 18th December......the night alot of people will be at work Xmas parties....sensible.

Yep. Maybe they see it as a challenge. That's a fucking challenge and a half, trying to draw a crowd to a football match on Black Friday.

It's win win win for the fans. They don't have 2 away trips coming up to Christmas unless they want to. Away games so the club don't lose gate money.

Far flung fans get 2 games they would never have seen.

bit strange having 2 games on the box back to back

I am away to see the grand kids weekend of the morton game so wont be there but will be able to watch it down there on tv unless my grandaughter has me watching dora or tom and jerry.None of our lads will be at greenock so they will be able to see the game in pub or house.Still a lot of pish having 2 long journeys in december on consecutive fridays in the lead up to christmas.Do these idiots running scottish football have a clue what the fans want or how much hassle it is to get to the games.

You could argue that it was already a piece of nonsense that we were given those fixtures in the build up to Christmas anyway.

It'll obviously dissuade some people from going who were contemplating it, but by the same token, it'll allow a far larger number of Rovers fans to see a game they previously wouldn't have.

It'll actually disadvantage Morton and QOS more, as they'll miss out on the gate receipts.

Feeling chuffed! Managed to get 6 of my pals to come to the game next week... Most of them live in Glasgow or Edinburgh. They've not been to the rovers in years... The teams results/performances are turning heads again.... Finally feels like the rovers of old. buzzin!

Feeling chuffed! Managed to get 6 of my pals to come to the game next week... Most of them live in Glasgow or Edinburgh. They've not been to the rovers in years... The teams results/performances are turning heads again.... Finally feels like the rovers of old. buzzin!

Brilliant effort mate!