Who's Going To Uni?

Guest honestrae95

Had my Psychology 2A Paper 1 today. The definition of a disaster exam for me. Everything I was hoping would come up didn't appear so terrible really. I've got a B3 for the coursework which is 50% and Friday is a paper on the stats part of Psychology which should be a bit better and is worth 10%. If you fail an exam, but pass the overall course, you don't have to resit do you?

Think it depends on your course, but don't quote me on that one.

Just out of my final exam (Criminal Law) and I think it went ok. It's kinda difficult to really know what they're looking for because they don't give you model answers or that to help you prepare. Fingers crossed I'll have passed. Anything more is a bonus, the same applies to Obligations. I can't be arsed resitting in August.

I've got golf to play then! :)

Had history 2A today. Thought it went really well, all the questions I wanted came up. Public policy 1A tomorrow, only a filler subject and with history today I've done next to no studying. Just hoping for a pass

Forgot to return a fuckin short term loan book though so currently being fined 50p an hour til it's returned :(

The unlikelihood of me getting a graduate job is scaring me into applying for postgrad/masters courses. I quite fancy the look of the Creative Advertising masters course at Napier. Has anyone here done a masters at Napier who could give me any insight to what its like?

As an aside from this, has anyone here studied in the US/Canada? I really regret not doing a semester there last year and I'm considering looking into the possibility of applying for a postgrad course across the Atlantic. Funding would be the biggest drawback however. Has anyone had any experience of getting funding for these types of courses?

As an aside from this, has anyone here studied in the US/Canada? I really regret not doing a semester there last year and I'm considering looking into the possibility of applying for a postgrad course across the Atlantic. Funding would be the biggest drawback however. Has anyone had any experience of getting funding for these types of courses?

I am currently putting thought into doing the opposite. I'm about a year from finishing my undergrad, but a postgraduate course is definitely something I am considering. For a number of different reasons I would like to look into universities in other countries. Does anyone have any university information or advice for a potential international student in Scotland? My undergraduate degree will be in economics and international affairs. I would imagine any postgrad work I do will be of a similar subject.

• 4 weeks later...

More strikes about to begin. This is getting very frustrating. One of my modules only has three hours of actual teaching time a week, and two of those hours I'm going to lose due to the strike action (tomorrow and on Tuesday next week). As a self-funded student I feel I'm not getting the teaching I've paid for. I'm the class rep for that module so I'm in a good place to at least put forward my frustrations, but there is little that us, ordinary students, who have no control over staff pay, can do.

More strikes about to begin. This is getting very frustrating. One of my modules only has three hours of actual teaching time a week, and two of those hours I'm going to lose due to the strike action (tomorrow and on Tuesday next week). As a self-funded student I feel I'm not getting the teaching I've paid for. I'm the class rep for that module so I'm in a good place to at least put forward my frustrations, but there is little that us, ordinary students, who have no control over staff pay, can do.

It is quite annoying, I agree.

I had the marking for some of my coursework delayed because of all this shite.

I do my bit for social solidarity by coming in early on strike days and plugging more things into the wall in my office, using up more electricity, reducing the Uni's income and thereby placing an indirect threat onto the staffing budget.

Every little helps.

I do my bit for social solidarity by coming in early on strike days and plugging more things into the wall in my office, using up more electricity, reducing the Uni's income and thereby placing an indirect threat onto the staffing budget.

Every little helps.

What a c**t.

Yep, more strikes a-coming. For those talking about teaching time, it's a minimal part of what a student is expected to do.

It might be a minimal part in terms of time, but it's clearly the most important part in the majority of subjects.

It is quite annoying, I agree.

I had the marking for some of my coursework delayed because of all this shite.

How dare they delay the marking of coursework for a day while they strike for fair pay.

How dare they delay the marking of coursework for a day while they strike for fair pay.

We got emails saying our coursework wouldn't be marked for a while due to the ongoing conflict that was going on. That was on the 28th of November. I just got back the mark a few days ago. Not really satisfactory considering their feedback policy is 2 weeks.

Just got word today that my first paper is being published in a really good journal, so I'm absolutely delighted. Will make my PhD viva a lot easier, because it's very difficult to be overly critical of work which has been published at that standard.

Just got word today that my first paper is being published in a really good journal, so I'm absolutely delighted. Will make my PhD viva a lot easier, because it's very difficult to be overly critical of work which has been published at that standard.

What's the paper on? Would love to give it a read.

Stats eh? Did you know that 74.5% of stats are made up on the spot?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DO YOU GET IT?

DO YOU

DO YOU

IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE I'M SAYING STATS ARE MADE UP BUT USING STATS TO PROVE THIS

I AM FUCKING AMAZING!