Who's Going To Uni?

Living in a Norwegian open prison wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I visited HW and Stirling, and the HW open prison was much, much nicer than Stirlings equivalent. I still picked Stirling though! :D

Guest maxwell5
:huh:

Why? You could surely go to Glasgow any time you liked if that's what you really wanted to do.

Not during the week.

Basically it was a good feeling knowing that the rest of the arseholes were in schoolo and we were not.

Not during the week.

Basically it was a good feeling knowing that the rest of the arseholes were in schoolo and we were not.

What we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is an admission from maxwell5 that he is an arsehole.

Further, we have evidence that he probably should have stayed in "schoolo" instead of pretending to go to a University open day.

Not during the week.

Seems like a bit of a waste of time.

What we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is an admission from maxwell5 that he is an arsehole.

Come on, be fair, he just had a skive! Who doesn't have a skive at school, especially in sixth year?

I went to Edinburgh Uni's open day despite knowing I didn't want to go there. I did actually go the uni for about an hour though, and then spent the rest of the day in Edinburgh. Hardly something that qualifies anyone as an arsehole.

Not during the week.

Come on, be fair, he just had a skive! Who doesn't have a skive at school, especially in sixth year?

I went to Edinburgh Uni's open day despite knowing I didn't want to go there. I did actually go the uni for about an hour though, and then spent the rest of the day in Edinburgh. Hardly something that qualifies anyone as an arsehole.

Read his post again. He actually ADMITTED IT!

the rest of the arseholes were in schoolo and we were not

The "we" + "the rest" = "the arseholes"

His words, not mine!

Question for anyone going to Strathclyde, have you had much communication from them? Just that I was accepted to start this September almost a year ago and have not heard a single thing from them, only UCAS, and my mate's saying she's getting letters pretty much every week.

Question for anyone going to Strathclyde, have you had much communication from them? Just that I was accepted to start this September almost a year ago and have not heard a single thing from them, only UCAS, and my mate's saying she's getting letters pretty much every week.

I think I might have got one letter a few weeks ago but I'd have to check.

Have you been to visit yet? I'm going on the 4th of August and might get some more information then.

Same, they are slow as f**k! Napier sent shit loads of information on a regular basis!

Same, they are slow as f**k! Napier sent shit loads of information on a regular basis!

I was the total opposite: The first letter I recieved from Napier was them telling me that they were changing there name. All the other Universities I'd applied to had been in regular contact.

I'm considering going back to uni, could go directly into third year of a Business degree.

No idea what uni (already graduated from glasgow caley so think thats out), or even when. I don't think its too late to apply last minute through clearing to start this year, but would need to hurry up and decide like.

Also, at 27, and going into third year, I'd probably be too old for halls, so ideally want to be going to one of the Glasgow or Aberdeen unis where I can get a flat with folk I know.

I've had pretty much nothing other than the acceptance letter too. I wouldn't worry about it really.

Also, at 27, and going into third year, I'd probably be too old for halls, so ideally want to be going to one of the Glasgow or Aberdeen unis where I can get a flat with folk I know.

Why, the youngest in our entire halls was 22, just ask to be put in the post grad halls regardless of course, due to your age.

Say you need a quieter place, as you are a very light sleeper.

Why, the youngest in our entire halls was 22, just ask to be put in the post grad halls regardless of course, due to your age.

Say you need a quieter place, as you are a very light sleeper.

I suppose its an option. Not every uni have post grad halls though - they didn't at Caley (at least I don't think they did - cue someone putting me right).

If tuesday the 5th of August is a nice man, I will be off to Edinburgh next year to study business and history degrees. Anyone had any experince doing these courses? Are they any good?, also is Edinburgh the best place to go, like do other uni's have better history or business classes?

Edited by Former God

If tuesday the 5th of August is a nice man, I will be off to Edinburgh next year to study business and history degrees. Anyone had any experince doing these courses? Are they any good?, also is Edinburgh the best place to go, like do other uni's have better history or business classes?

Business = Strathclyde

History = St Andrews, social science is pointless and should only be done at poncy unis.

Business = Strathclyde

History = St Andrews, social science is pointless and should only be done at poncy unis.

Does anyone know what business is like at Glasgow as that is probably where I'll end up going instead of Strathclyde.