Who's Going To Uni?

But I wouldn't want to miss Chris Moyles and 'Comedy' Dave DJing at The Garage dry.gif.

Is that Glasgow or Strathclyde, I'm going to Glasgow and not bothering with the pass, it's £40 and I'll just pay to the few odd events I want to see.

Btw, can students go to freshers weeks of unis they aren't going to?

Is that Glasgow or Strathclyde, I'm going to Glasgow and not bothering with the pass, it's £40 and I'll just pay to the few odd events I want to see.

Aberdeen.

It's £40 for a wristband up here as well and all of the events look shite, foam parties and trips to Cadonas, for example.

Never buy an F pass, the nights out in the clubs in your city will be 10x better than the union anyway. There will be a couple of nights where you want to go to the union (1st night and whenever someone good is playing) but it definitely isn't value for money.

Most of the time yeah, I seem to recall Strathclyde having one of the night for just Strathclyde students so we fucked off elsewhere but there was a few nights where we went with other place's students.

And yeah, don't bother with a freshers pass. I bought one(it wasn't actually my freshers cause I left from 5th year but it was a bunch of my mates' so they wanted to do it) and we ended up going to about 2 or 3 of the nights so I wasted money.

At Glasgow you could buy the Freshers Week pass months in advance but you could also just buy it in person the day Freshers started. All they asked for was your name, subject, faculty and a passport size photo for your card - theye didn't actually check if your were a 'Fresher'. I went every year.

It might be that your course doesn't start running classes until week 2. Probably best to check.

Ad Lib may be correct, but it's also worth noting that MyCampus is about as accurate as The Sun.

I believe that MyCampus in this case is correct and I also managed to get registered during the week. :D

Yeah someone told me that my friends at Strathclyde and Edinburgh couldn't come to any Glasgow events, I'm assuming that's a load of shite?

No, thats not a load of shite. Glasgow Uni's events require a fresher's pass which can only be bought by freshers. Or you could do a Fudge and pretend and see what happens, but I don't think that would work anymore going by the way I got my pass, I'd ordered it sometime before and it came with a bag of freebies.

The Glasgow Uni events are absolutely hoaching anyway, it's no wonder the don't want others in.

Amy Macdonald got practically booed off ours as the anticipation reached fever pitch for The Venga Boys :lol:

Memories :(

Strathclyde's big one was Funeral for a Friend, Twin Atlantic played before and I got so pished during them that I threw up and got kicked out! Even worse I was under 18 so got fined for underage drinking sad.gif

No, thats not a load of shite. Glasgow Uni's events require a fresher's pass which can only be bought by freshers. Or you could do a Fudge and pretend and see what happens, but I don't think that would work anymore going by the way I got my pass, I'd ordered it sometime before and it came with a bag of freebies.

The Glasgow Uni events are absolutely hoaching anyway, it's no wonder the don't want others in.

See how you were saying they require a freshers pass? You can still just buy into each event though can't you? Cause I'm not paying for the pass but I might have to if it's required to get into events.

See how you were saying they require a freshers pass? You can still just buy into each event though can't you? Cause I'm not paying for the pass but I might have to if it's required to get into events.

Nope, all the events at both the QMU and the GUU are freshers pass only. Unless something has changed, but I don't see why they would.