Who's Going To Uni?

Also, anyone know anyone who has taken part in the Officers Training Corps? Thinking of joining but it's quite a big time investment to make.

I know quite a few folk that signed up on the basis that it was quite astonishingly cheap booze, and a bit of a laugh.

Every single one of them dropped it after about 2 months.

Aye it's a pain sitting in a lecture right now at Merchiston. Oh and you'll have a problem parking considering about 30 parking spaces which would normally be free currently have the site huts on them. Blame the bloody music department it's all thier fault. Hope you didn't see me and clock me, but I do understand your point.

If I did clock you, I'll stick you under the looks can be deceiving category ;)

We had a class of about 100 people (literally) in a cramped room in the top floor for a lecture. Oh and the builders were fucking at it the whole time <_<

I'm going to love uni...

Managed to get the main textbooks for the two courses I have this semester from the library. Only four of each are available for loan, the other four are "reserve" books which can only be used for three hours at a time. Let the weekly renewing preventing anyone else on the course from having a chance to learn commence.

tumblr_ls4n0ovJpE1qaid3h.gif

Had the first lecture for one of these courses today, the lecturer made clear that there were some copies in the library but "these have a tendency to go missing over the course of a semester".

ronaldihno%20smug%20celebration.gif

I know quite a few folk that signed up on the basis that it was quite astonishingly cheap booze, and a bit of a laugh.

Every single one of them dropped it after about 2 months.

Yeah, heard you get £1 pints at the barracks every Wednesday but you also have to commit to a whole weekend away every fortnight. Might join and see how long I need to be a member before they will pay for an intensive driving course for me then quit as soon as I've got my license.

Yeah, heard you get £1 pints at the barracks every Wednesday but you also have to commit to a whole weekend away every fortnight. Might join and see how long I need to be a member before they will pay for an intensive driving course for me then quit as soon as I've got my license.

Aye, the £1 a pint is/was true enough. Heard it was alright because Solid plan that, actually. The folk that do it tend to be a bit... intense, really.

Start back on Tuesday, 10-5, back to reality. Really looking forward to starting back though, bored of doing nothing after my work cut back its hours this month.

ETA - no days off this year on my timetable which is a pain in the arse. Mostly 9-5s with daft gaps in the middle of the day but it means I'll be able to do uni work during the day rather than at night. Hopefully I'll do as well as I did last year.

Edited by GypsyTillIDie

We had a class of about 100 people (literally) in a cramped room in the top floor for a lecture. Oh and the builders were fucking at it the whole time dry.gif

I'm going to love uni...

I know how you feel, I was on the top floor today for a lecture in one of the classrooms. Shame they couldn't have got the work done a bit earlier.

We had a class of about 100 people (literally) in a cramped room in the top floor for a lecture. Oh and the builders were fucking at it the whole time dry.gif

I'm going to love uni...

If it's anything like my uni classes, you'll be down to 40 in about a fortnight once folk realise they don't have to go.

I was on the SAAS website checking up to see where they are in regards to processing applications and this caught my eye:

We will increase the maximum non income-assessed loan from £940 to £4,500. This means you can apply for a student loan of up to £4,500 regardless of your household income.

We will not reduce the student loan if you are in the final year of your course.

Where's the catch (other than you need to pay it back)?

I was on the SAAS website checking up to see where they are in regards to processing applications and this caught my eye:

Where's the catch (other than you need to pay it back)?

There's no catch. I'm planning on going travelling in two summers time with my extra loan money. tongue.gif

Awkward situation for Ad Lib's sister as well. Bit shan of the uni to put three people who already know each other in a flat with one other person tho, imo. Kind of negates one of the purposes of living in accommodation, that is to say, make new mates.

This happened to me last year, got put in with 7 guys and 5 of them lived together before, completely pointless. I went out with them once and that was enough for me, couldn't go out or hang around with them as they had their own jokes that only they would find funny and acted the way that "Oh he's always like that". Pathetic and they didn't even attempt to chat to me or the other guy, just left us to our own devices, hogged the kitchen and were general c***s.

I'm in the same boat with exams, just three in May for me. Got three reports due in on the 10th of December, and three group presentations due in October/November, so I am already fairly busy and I've not been back a month yet!

Got put in a group for the presentation on Strategic Management with a guy that is fairly poor at group work, leaving stuff to the rest of us, which is quite annoying. Think we will have a quiet word with him sooner rather than later.

I'm in the same boat with exams, just three in May for me. Got three reports due in on the 10th of December, and three group presentations due in October/November, so I am already fairly busy and I've not been back a month yet!

Got put in a group for the presentation on Strategic Management with a guy that is fairly poor at group work, leaving stuff to the rest of us, which is quite annoying. Think we will have a quiet word with him sooner rather than later.

That's happened to me before. The girl never actually contributed anything to our group project other than one sheet of A4 with a load of rubbish scribbled on it which she expected us to slot into our already complete project, about half an hour after it was due in. We just told the lecturer and refused to let her put her name on it, don't know what happened after that but if someone's not putting the effort in then I see no reason why they should benefit from everyone else's hard work.

• 2 weeks later...

Working my way through an essay which is debating how managers tend to be poor leaders. Got an amazing quote from slides used in a lecture which suited the argument for perfectly, but I can not find the original quote anywhere. Spent at least three hours over the past two days searching for it to no avail. Was practically greeting as I deleted it and started again.

Working my way through an essay which is debating how managers tend to be poor leaders. Got an amazing quote from slides used in a lecture which suited the argument for perfectly, but I can not find the original quote anywhere. Spent at least three hours over the past two days searching for it to no avail. Was practically greeting as I deleted it and started again.

Might be obvious, but did you try asking the lecturer?