Who's Going To Uni?

You used to have to take statistics separately as a course requirement for psychology but its now been incorporated into the course itself which has increased the amount of course credits its worth. Is psychology your main subject? If it is i'd advise choosing the pissiest subjects to go along with it because the workload is quite high. You are right in what you're saying though, you do only need to take one half of entrepreneurship, take 2B instead of 2A. Psychology 2A is alot harder than 2B so you'd get a bit more free time for it.

Unfortunately Psychology isn't even my first subject, I'm doing a Business degree. But it's either Psychology or Economics that I have to do along with Business and I hated Economics with a burning passion and can't bare to do it for another year, whereas Psychlogy I was actually decent at. Yeah I thought that was the situation but myglasgow is still making me enrol to both halves of Entrepreneurship and my advisor seems to not know how to fix it so guess I'll have to set up a meeting.

Cheers for your help

Unfortunately Psychology isn't even my first subject, I'm doing a Business degree. But it's either Psychology or Economics that I have to do along with Business and I hated Economics with a burning passion and can't bare to do it for another year, whereas Psychlogy I was actually decent at. Yeah I thought that was the situation but myglasgow is still making me enrol to both halves of Entrepreneurship and my advisor seems to not know how to fix it so guess I'll have to set up a meeting.

Cheers for your help

Think carefully about whether you want to take on L2 psychology if it isn't your main subject, second year is much more difficult than first (atleast I thought so) as 2A includes alot more of the science side of things rather than theory. Perception is particularly painful.

I cannot wait to get started now. Been off since the start of June so I'm looking forward to getting into a routine again. E-mailed the Uni explaining my situation with regards to my job, and they said there shouldn't be any problems so everything is falling into place quite nicely!

I'm not quite sure how the module selection works. I was asked to choose 5, but I'm only doing 3 this semester so I'm guessing that the other two are back-ups should I not be able to do my preferred 3 for some reason. I've chosen Politics and Religion alongside the mandatory History module, with Law and Philosophy being my back up choices. Won't find out for sure until I start on the 9th what my timetable is or what modules I'll be taking.

Got my accommodation sorted too. Anyone who goes/went to Stirling stayed in Polwarth House before? There doesn't seem to be much information online which is a bit ominous.

Since it's being discussed here anyway, is first year Psychology at Glasgow any good? Had planned to do Economics or Business as my third subject but it turns out I can't since I'm not a Social Science student and based on the course description Psychology looks alright.

Got told that our timetable isn't completed yet, but to expect to be in on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I've been off since the middle of April, Scott. Been nice being to spend lots of time with the kids, but I'm chomping at the bit to get back.

Some guy on our Facebook group is saying that he has been working on his dissertation over the break, reckons he has done about 50% of it. Why do people need to be such arseholes?

I only need to pass 4th year to get a 2:1 in Economics & Real Estate at Aberdeen....but my grades are way better than 90% of people who will end up with a 2:1 but agonisingly short of a first. Its an unfair system I think as a 17.5% difference in grades at Uni should not fall into the same boundary!! Raging but a 2:1 is still good and will get me an interview.

Regret taking Economics, its so hard. Wish I had done management or something instead as a joint honours, I pissed all over a compulsory management course we had to do over 3rd year and I see the stuff they revise for other management courses: a joke!!

Edited by AberdeenHibee

Think carefully about whether you want to take on L2 psychology if it isn't your main subject, second year is much more difficult than first (atleast I thought so) as 2A includes alot more of the science side of things rather than theory. Perception is particularly painful.

I don't particularly want to, but it's the lesser of two evils. Economics is absolutely unbearable to do and I'm absolutely shite at it. I'm at least capable of doing Psychology based on first year.

It is annoying since its every day lectures at 10 and with the labs and tutorials it does seem a heavy workload but I basically have no other choice.

For meathead, on my phone so can't multiquote but first year Psych is really interesting, but was certainly my largest workload of all my subjects so taking it as a third subject would be difficult IMO.

Since it's being discussed here anyway, is first year Psychology at Glasgow any good? Had planned to do Economics or Business as my third subject but it turns out I can't since I'm not a Social Science student and based on the course description Psychology looks alright.

Its my degree so i'm biased but I thought it was brilliant. Its a fairly heavy workload but its taught in a very logical way and its a good introduction to the field but as a third subject it might be alot of work, theres lectures every day, a tutorial once a week and 2 hour lab sessions every fortnight.

I only need to pass 4th year to get a 2:1 in Economics & Real Estate at Aberdeen....but my grades are way better than 90% of people who will end up with a 2:1 but agonisingly short of a first. Its an unfair system I think as a 17.5% difference in grades at Uni should not fall into the same boundary!! Raging but a 2:1 is still good and will get me an interview.

Improve your performances to get a higher grade than them or stop whining about it.

Those of us with Firsts rarely have to consider the performances of other people.

greggy.png

Got told that our timetable isn't completed yet, but to expect to be in on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I've been off since the middle of April, Scott. Been nice being to spend lots of time with the kids, but I'm chomping at the bit to get back.

Some guy on our Facebook group is saying that he has been working on his dissertation over the break, reckons he has done about 50% of it. Why do people need to be such arseholes?

Erm, why shouldn't a person use their break productively if they want to? It's their degree, not a group one.

Improve your performances to get a higher grade than them or stop whining about it. 

Those of us with Firsts rarely have to consider the performances of other people.

Posted Image

Erm, why shouldn't a person use their break productively if they want to? It's their degree, not a group one.

Yeah, I wasn't actually being serious. I'm just more annoyed at myself for not doing more myself.

I find that arrogance about qualifications is a bit unseemly. Being happy about them is very much acceptable, but don't turn into Hb with his "I got a degree in Law, I know more than anyone, degrees are so easy, I'm better than anyone" schtick. Its unpleasant!

I find that arrogance about qualifications is a bit unseemly. Being happy about them is very much acceptable, but don't turn into Hb with his "I got a degree in Law, I know more than anyone, degrees are so easy, I'm better than anyone" schtick. Its unpleasant!

^^^

Wants to be a University of Lifer but imprisoned by academia. Bitter about it. Has priorities in completely wrong place.

On the subject of universities - It's always funny seeing people apply that realistically have no chance of getting in at that moment in time. These people have no highers from 5th year and are only sitting 4 in 6th year. :lol:

Which inevitably leads to summer school and a free pass into uni.