Who's Going To Uni?

Did anyone at Strathclyde not get their student loan? My schedule thing said it was due to come on Friday (20th) but my online banking doesn't appear to show it. I'm sure I've registered and whatnot so the university side of it should be alright.

If anyone else is getting this too then it'd be cool cause having to phone SAAS/SLC is always a complete clusterfuck at this time.

My uni days are going to be atrocious going by the first week. Pulled the short straw on the flatmate draw, and only met a handful of people outside of my flat. Might have to take you up on your offer ;) Sort of regret not going for halls now!

That's pish mate. In all seriousness, if you want to PM me your number I can give you a shout when we're all going out or just having a drink in the flat. I'm loving it here now and plan on making the most of it - you should too. No reason to miss out just because your flatmates are shite.

Did anyone at Strathclyde not get their student loan? My schedule thing said it was due to come on Friday (20th) but my online banking doesn't appear to show it. I'm sure I've registered and whatnot so the university side of it should be alright.

If anyone else is getting this too then it'd be cool cause having to phone SAAS/SLC is always a complete clusterfuck at this time.

I'm at Caley but I'm having a similar problem but they told me basically to hand in my SAAS certificate at the finance office.

Or it could be that it bring a weekend has delayed the payment until the monday.

Made a right arse of my timetable, got incredibly confused and ended up missing a tutorial. E-mailed the module co-ordinator who was really helpful and understood my situation and put me in a different group for this week only. Refreshing to know that they aren't total wanks whenever something goes wrong even though it was kind of my fault.

Started the long, arduous process of applying for graduate jobs. It may be rewarding in the long term but in the short term it's pish. Will also be applying to do a postgraduate course which will cost me £7,900 and it's only a year long. :o

Who are you thinking of applying to? Give me a pm if you're wanting any assistance, there is an alchemy to it.

It always involves a helluva lot of work though, barely did anything in my uni fourth year till I got a job in February. First one/two is always the hardest before some select copying and pasting.

Started the long, arduous process of applying for graduate jobs. It may be rewarding in the long term but in the short term it's pish. Will also be applying to do a postgraduate course which will cost me £7,900 and it's only a year long. :o

Get yourself on 'linked in'. Kind of a headhunters site that helps in getting you a job in your specific field. One of my friends is getting interviewed for a couple grand more than his original job because of it.

The people in my halls only seem to want to go out at weekends, which is irritating since I go home at weekends. Hope I can convince someone to go out tonight, bored as f**k spending my evenings locked away in my jail cell of a room.

For those who have done Psychology at Glasgow: how long before you gave up on lectures? In a week of lectures I haven't taken any notes whatsoever since they just read off the slides.

The people in my halls only seem to want to go out at weekends, which is irritating since I go home at weekends. Hope I can convince someone to go out tonight, bored as f**k spending my evenings locked away in my jail cell of a room.

For those who have done Psychology at Glasgow: how long before you gave up on lectures? In a week of lectures I haven't taken any notes whatsoever since they just read off the slides.

Don't bother with lectures and read it online in your bed.

It's first year. Go to the first and last (revision notes ahoy!) lecture of every semester. This is was applicable to my second year as well.

On to more serious matters, my workload for this semester looks to be heavier than the previous three years combined. I think I've mentioned before that the Politics dissertation deadline has been brought forward to January this year, so I've essentially got three 3000+ word essays and a 10,000+ word dissertation (alongside group presentations and careers stuff) to get done in the first semester. A significant change from third year IMO.

Should be a challenge.

It's first year. Go to the first and last (revision notes ahoy!) lecture of every semester. This is was applicable to my second year as well.

On to more serious matters, my workload for this semester looks to be heavier than the previous three years combined. I think I've mentioned before that the Politics dissertation deadline has been brought forward to January this year, so I've essentially got three 3000+ word essays and a 10,000+ word dissertation (alongside group presentations and careers stuff) to get done in the first semester. A significant change from third year IMO.

Should be a challenge.

Our dissertation deadlines are mostly in the second semester but I've got to write a 1000 word rationale and a 3500 word essay for the second week of October. Should be alright as the questions look okay. Do you have to write a rationale for yours?

Our dissertation deadlines are mostly in the second semester but I've got to write a 1000 word rationale and a 3500 word essay for the second week of October. Should be alright as the questions look okay. Do you have to write a rationale for yours?

No idea, we've been told very little other than deadline and length. I have a meeting with my supervisor tomorrow (who appears to be expecting a not insignificant amount of work to have been done already) so that should shed some light.

Who are you thinking of applying to? Give me a pm if you're wanting any assistance, there is an alchemy to it.

It always involves a helluva lot of work though, barely did anything in my uni fourth year till I got a job in February. First one/two is always the hardest before some select copying and pasting.

Apparently you are unable to recieve any more pm's.

I've applied to the likes of Ernst & Young, BDO and a few more.

That's the opposite of my first year experience. Everyone went out during the week and then were bored rigid sitting in at weekends.

I went to Psychology lectures if I was bored or was already on campus. Could have very easily passed by sitting in my room using online lecture slides.