Premiership Star Tests Positive

Rugster

I'm a huge baseball fan who's seen Bonds too.

My humble opinion: Most sluggers in the MLB and some pitchers either;

1. Spend 10 hours in the gym everyday or

2. Take steroids to maintain their strength and help them heal.

And so fuggin what? I enjoy the spectacle and don't care what they do.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty knackered today after staying up till 5am watching the game. It was worth it though.

Gerritupye's ya Yankee w'nks. :D :D

Johnny Damon is a legend - the hair, the beard, the grand slam homer!!! Superb! :D :D

Need the outs, bring in your best pitcher. I'd have done it, just like I'd have kept Pedro in like Grady Little did. No brainers, as they say.

I wouldn't. There was enough quality in the bullpen to get through the three remaining innings and not blow the 7-run lead. Bringing Pedro in meant that the Yankee crowd would become animated and the Yankee batters would benefit from the crowds new-found energy. And so it was proved when they got two runs off him.

Does it matter, they won. What was probably the problem was Pedro didnt get warmed up in time. Look what happened after the 2 runs were scored.....

Made it even funnier, the yankees thought they were getting back in and were gonna win again, and the Red Sox got outa 1st gear again :D

Bit like the Milan Celtic game :D

Yes. I do think managers seem to take temporary leave of their senses when it comes to bullpen management in the play-offs.

Much as the Fox announcers are just bad versions of the ESPN masters (Jon Miller rocks) I thought they made an interesting point about brining starters in as relievers midway through an inning rather than at the start of a fresh one.

Yep, was highlighted when the grand slam was hit. Loaiza came in at a totally abnormal position for him. As a starter he is used to facing someone for the first few *real* pitches with noone on base, who is quite likely to take the first ball. for about 95% of starting pitchers probably, they will pitch a first ball fast ball to relax his nerves, get settled in etc, and wont be a problem. This time he came in with bases loaded, and a hitter looking for that fastball, got it, and the rest is history. If it was a releiver who came in, they are used to the situation, and will probably do something different to try and get the out needed.

Also, starters usually take about 30-40 minutes total to stretch and warm up before a game, not just the 15-20 minutes that Pedro had yesterday, so as i said it was likely he wasnt fully warmed up.

As for commentators, both ESPN and FOX have some of the WORST ever for any sport. A lot of the time ill turn the sound off *and here is the point i was making earlier* They will talk more about Barry Bonds than the game they are watching.....

Archived