Nom Nom Nom

Chickpea currys are nice!

I made chicken teriyaki with rice for lunch and fired up the BBQ and had some home made garlic and chilli burgers. They were quite nice but it was the first time using the recipe ill chance it about a bit and they'll taste much nicer next time.

That sweet corn will make a reappearance at some point in the next couple of days :P

I am on Chicken soup for the foreseeable as at lunchtime today as I was eating, I bit down on one of my bottom teeth and painfully loosened it off. That makes it two of them now! The dentist says I will just have to live with it as they can't be reattached.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've concocted an amazing breakfast that I make all the time now. One piece of wholemeal toast, scrape over some homemade guacamole, two rashers of grilled bacon and scrambled eggs with smoked paprika, parmesan and peas mixed through. I had to use lemon instead of lime in the guacamole but for whatever reason it goes great with the eggs and bacon.

Don't know if it's a 'West of Scotland thing' but does anyone make Beef Olives?

Essentially steak/beef tenderised & then wrapped around sausage meat. Cooked slow in gravy & onions & served with mash.

Old school recipe I got from my Gran.

Essentially steak/beef tenderised & then wrapped around sausage meat. Cooked slow in gravy & onions & served with mash.

Don't ever eat beef olives from up North. The sausage meat is replaced with oatmeal, and they taste like shit.

Where does the olive part come in? I get the beef but not the olive. I like olives, and I like beef, but I can't help but feel I've been lied to.

Where does the olive part come in? I get the beef but not the olive. I like olives, and I like beef, but I can't help but feel I've been lied to.

There's no olives. Just the name.

Just Googled it & Simon Howie do it. Also a variation with haggis instead of sausage meat.

I'm about to finish making my first ever soup, with vegetables my dad gave us out of his garden.

It's turnip, cauliflower and potato soup. Pretty sure it's going to be a disaster, will let you all know.

I'm about to finish making my first ever soup, with vegetables my dad gave us out of his garden.

It's turnip, cauliflower and potato soup. Pretty sure it's going to be a disaster, will let you all know.

That sounds like it's gonna taste great

Turnip is so much under-used. We just seem to use it with haggis.