Roasted tomato soup

Just over 1kg of tomatoes halved

1 red pepper halved and seeded

Onion roughly chopped

Stick celery roughly chopped

Bulb of garlic halved

A little rosemary and thyme

A little chilli to your desired heat

Chucked all this in a roasting tin, good drizzle of quality olive oil, some salt & pepper and a little balsamic vinegar. Roasted for 45 mins. Took skin off the garlic and mashed it up and removed the celery, then blended everything with a lot of fresh basil. Tastes damn fine. I left it like that, but could add some stock as it was very thick.

• 3 weeks later...

Sticky chicken.

Dice up some fresh chicken breasts. Marinade in 3 tablespoons each of soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and smooth honey. Throw it all in a wok and cook until the liquid has reduced to almost nothing. Serve with rice of your choice.

Sometimes the simple dishes are the best.

A good, quick & tasty snack/meal is mixing an Uncle Ben's 2min bag of rice (spicy Mexican bean rice is my favourite) with a tin of mixed beans in chilli sauce.......filling, low in fat and tasty :-D

The rice is just as good mixed with a tin of mackerel in spicy tomato sauce too!

Fancied something a bit lighter today due to the weather. Done some leek and potato soup, with oatcakes, two types of bread, some Cashel Blue cheese and camembert on the side, with some pork pies and sausage rolls. Excellent picnic style affair. Still got some carrot cake leftover from yesterday too.

Fancied something a bit lighter today due to the weather. Done some leek and potato soup, with oatcakes, two types of bread, some Cashel Blue cheese and camembert on the side, with some pork pies and sausage rolls. Excellent picnic style affair. Still got some carrot cake leftover from yesterday too.

Sounds nice but it's nowhere near light.

Grilled skirt steak covered in Parma ham, grilled on the highest setting for three minutes, served with an Italian salad.

Gave me an excuse to use my new meat hammer.

Conjours up so many wrong images on far too many levels. :lol: