Nom Nom Nom

Just discovered the absolute joy of adding a splash of balsamic vinegar to a basic tomato-based pasta sauce. Lifts what would otherwise be a run-of-the-mill pasta dish into absolute heaven.

Add some of the water you have cooked your pasta in and you're on to a serious winner.

Tuna steak marinated in chilli, garlic and cajun spices. Pan fried in chilli oil and served with salad and some tiger bread. Fucking delightful it was.

That exact thing is a speciality of mine :thumsup2

I usually pan fry some red onions, garlic & chillies firsts for a few minutes then take them out.

Cook the tuna steak in the same pan then a minute or 2 before it's about done chuck the onions & chillies back in.

Is it chilli oil you've bought or did you make it?

That exact thing is a speciality of mine :thumsup2

I usually pan fry some red onions, garlic & chillies firsts for a few minutes then take them out.

Cook the tuna steak in the same pan then a minute or 2 before it's about done chuck the onions & chillies back in.

Is it chilli oil you've bought or did you make it?

It's shop bought chilli oil. I get the sealable food bags and mix in some Cajun spice, chilli, garlic and pour some chilli oil. Fire in the tuna steak and toss it about in the bag. Allow it to sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before firing on to a hot pan. Fucking superb it is!

• 4 weeks later...