Chelsea Sack Mutu

Savage Henry

Drug use should be a matter of personal choice. Like JP says, it's hypocricital. George Graham, whose Arsenal team was full of alcoholics, criticesed Mutu on telly the other day. What a hypocrite! He turned a blind eye to substance abuse for years which resulted in several of his team having nervous breakdowns.

Why is drug use a problem? Probably becuase the authorities would have us believe so by having Drug Czars and anti-drug campaigns. They should educate and tolerate rather than criminalise and marginalise those who wish to take drugs.

Apparently his contract at Chelsea states that drug abuse is gross misconduct. He knew what he was signing when he signed it and if he didn't then more fool him (or more fool his agent) He was quite happy to take Chelsea's money and now that he has broken the terms of his contract he deserves all he gets IMO.

Exactly drugs are illegal, and for a good reason. How can you all call glaswegians junkies and ahve a go at them for that, then turn around and say its unfair Mutu was sacked for doing something illegal, thats whats hypocriticaland against his contract *if it was found out i took drugs i would probably also be sacked, same with about anyone else*.

But no one yet knows what drugs he actually took. If he took cocaine then I don't think he can have too much complaint. If he took something to boost on pitch performance (which lets face it hasn't helped as he still played pish) then he certainly has no complaint.

However, if, as he is saying, he took something to lengthen his dong and make his bird feel like she was riding something akin to a Giant Redwood then he has been very harshly dealt with.

I would also think that someone whould have noticed Mutu running about the plaing with what looks like a traffic cone bulging out from his shorts!

He knew the risks and he's paid the price. I think it's a damn shame, personally, and that this country has a very strange attitude towards intoxicating substances anyway.

Drug use should be a matter of personal choice. Like JP says, it's hypocricital. George Graham, whose Arsenal team was full of alcoholics, criticesed Mutu on telly the other day. What a hypocrite! He turned a blind eye to substance abuse for years which resulted in several of his team having nervous breakdowns.

Why is drug use a problem? Probably becuase the authorities would have us believe so by having Drug Czars and anti-drug campaigns. They should educate and tolerate rather than criminalise and marginalise those who wish to take drugs.

Ah, the reasonings of truely experienced jakey ;):P

It was a honey trap ;)

And what if it was?

Just because they deliberately targeted him, doesn't mean he should suddenly be let off with it. Good on Chelsea for targeting him because they suspected abuse. Too many clubs would, and DO turn a blind eye in order to avoid bad publicity/losing good players.

He broke the law, he broke his club's code of conduct, and he broke the terms of his contract. Tough titty, and out the door.

There is no grey area, he deserves all he gets.

mutu wasted a 50k a week contract by breaking it, simple as that. what a fucken knob!! id give my right testicle to play pro football, never mind play for 1 of europes best teams and make an absolute mint!

add that to the fact he was romania (good team btw) captain- he has to show a good example to youngsters- imagine the stick becks would get if he tested positive!

mourinho stitched up, yes, but as the great pulp fiction said "you play with fire, and you get burned" (i think...)

has anyone noticed the irony of Jim Pansys (thread starter) signature- something about Barry Bonds, the ultimate steroid junkie himself!

Wenger said he would talk to him, how good would that be to see- mutu scoring against mourinho.

Archived