Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Liquid Crystal is the daddy of emulators. Combines Kanto/Johto. Makes it so you can get every single Pokemon from the first two gens and includes a few more extra adventures.

I don't really know what I'm doing at all with this game! I'm just collecting anything I see for the moment and building up XP. I've just got to level 5 today although I'm not remotely interested in gyms for now. My highest CP is about 160 I think, which is nothing compared to the rest of you! How do you get rarer ones? Do you have to be a certain level before you start picking up better pokemon? Such a newb. 

8 minutes ago, Mrs M said:

I don't really know what I'm doing at all with this game! I'm just collecting anything I see for the moment and building up XP. I've just got to level 5 today although I'm not remotely interested in gyms for now. My highest CP is about 160 I think, which is nothing compared to the rest of you! How do you get rarer ones? Do you have to be a certain level before you start picking up better pokemon? Such a newb. 

That's the best thing you can do early doors. Evolve anything that can be evolved and DON'T power up anything that hasn't been evolved to its highest level. I think level plays a part in what Pokémon you find, but where you are and just plain luck plays a part too.

As you can see, I've been very fucking lucky so far today.

Alright for some, I had a right stubborn Wartortle in the car park at work, launched a pile of Razzies, great and regular balls at it and it just kept either bursting free or crashing the app, leading to me being left with nae baws and one that goes into the Pokedex as seen but not captured.  Grr.

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

That's the best thing you can do early doors. Evolve anything that can be evolved and DON'T power up anything that hasn't been evolved to its highest level. I think level plays a part in what Pokémon you find, but where you are and just plain luck plays a part too.

As you can see, I've been very fucking lucky so far today.

Cheers, Kyle. I'll have to let Charlie know. He's been trying to power up EVERYTHING just because the candy/stardust is there to do it with but as I keep telling him, we're better using the candy to evolve them just now. We're going to head to Glasgow Green tomorrow and see what's there. Managed to find a Staryo, two Drowsees and a Hypno down near the Clyde earlier, along with the usual pidgeys, weedils and rattatas and a couple of goldeens. Apparently there was a jinx and a zubat nearby and something that looked like the silhouette of pikachu (I don't think it was actually him) but they never appeared. b*****ds.

Blastoise cost me 33 ultra balls, 5 great balls and a razz berry for every time he popped out.

If anything else like him comes up, there's no chance I'll be able to catch it. Took me 5 minutes standing outside the big NCP carpark on Oswald street.

I always come on here to post how proud I am of my latest catch but Kyles posted some fucking rancidly good one just before I got here.

Raging.

Also I don't think level plays too much of a part in the Pokemon you catch, me and my girlfriend were both on this at the same time when a Jynx popped up, I'm a higher level but only got a 22CP, while hers was over 100.

5 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Does everyone turn the AR off?

I've turned mine off. Fed up looking like I'm taking pictures of randoms in the street. Also means I can catch pokemon at my desk without holding the phone a mile up in the air.

I always come on here to post how proud I am of my latest catch but Kyles posted some fucking rancidly good one just before I got here.

Raging.

Also I don't think level plays too much of a part in the Pokemon you catch, me and my girlfriend were both on this at the same time when a Jynx popped up, I'm a higher level but only got a 22CP, while hers was over 100.

Similar story with me, me and a few mates were out the other night when a Dragonair popped up, mines was CP22 and his was over 800. Raging!

3DS arrived today, yellow was downloaded from the e-shop as soon as I got it set up. Great fun. Cannot find Gold/Silver/Crystal anywhere though without it being extortionate.

I have been absolutely hammering Fire Red. Like a ridiculous amount.

Was working from home today and must have got a good 4 odd hours in over the course of the day :lol: got absolutely f**k all work done. Treading dangerous waters here.

6 hours ago, Mrs M said:

Cheers, Kyle. I'll have to let Charlie know. He's been trying to power up EVERYTHING just because the candy/stardust is there to do it with but as I keep telling him, we're better using the candy to evolve them just now. We're going to head to Glasgow Green tomorrow and see what's there. Managed to find a Staryo, two Drowsees and a Hypno down near the Clyde earlier, along with the usual pidgeys, weedils and rattatas and a couple of goldeens. Apparently there was a jinx and a zubat nearby and something that looked like the silhouette of pikachu (I don't think it was actually him) but they never appeared. b*****ds.

You could always use Poke Vision if you like. Essentially a site which tells you where pokemon are and when they will de-spawn/disappear, very handy considering the in-game footprint thing is difficult to use.

8 minutes ago, Central said:

You could always use Poke Vision if you like. Essentially a site which tells you where pokemon are and when they will de-spawn/disappear, very handy considering the in-game footprint thing is difficult to use.

I think I'll try that, thanks. I really need to keep the kids interested or they'll stop coming out with me. :D