Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Munchlax and Pichu evolved right after I posted here last night, lads. Turns out low-key moaning on the internet is the secret. I am so stoked to catch Mimikyu, gonna make him the focus of my party.

He only spawns in the haunted supermarket where you will do the ghost trial, only has a 5% spawn rate so you will have to be patient. Solid Physical Ghost attacker, which is something you rarely see. The Alola Golem is a curious one, gains electric typing, no state changes and gets 3 electric attacks, 2 physical and 1 special, makes no sense giving it a special attack move when its special attack stat is quite awful. Its Hidden ability Galvanize is great tho, increases normal type move damage by 20% then changes them to electric type damage, a 300 damage electic explosion would be quite devastating.

Im sure i mentioned on here a while back that they had to go back and give some of the redundant pokemon lines a little love as newer pokemon had came about and could do their roles as good or better, credit where credit is due, thats exactly what they did. Vulpix/Ninetails were pretty pointless when you had Growlithe/Arcanine available which were much stronger and had a better moveset. Looking forward to using a Ice/Fairy type Ninetails 

I've not progressed any since my last post. Caught a ditto up on the mountain where you do the electric trial so went back to spam some Eevees to breed.

Picked out a few with the natures I wanted so in addition to Umbreon I now have a Flareon, Vaporeon and Espeon all in the mid 20s. Training going slowly with exp share off but want to catch up to at least 30 with one or two of them before moving to the next story part.

I was looking through my old pokemon cards to see if I was mega rich without knowing it.

I've not looked at these since I was a kid, so I was horrified to see how many fakes I have. I have Mewtwo that evolved from Bellsprout. I have a Charmander that 'obviourly prefers hot ploces' and is a 'basis' pokemon. I have a Dratint that evolved from Cubone. And a shiny and non shiny Arcanine, both of which evolved from Dodou.

The best/worst of these which I somehow never noticed at the time has to be this bad boy though:

61d5d65758610ee5310a731190a055ec.jpg

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Ignorance is bliss as a kid. I went back through all mines a while ago and whilst no fakes, I was very disappointed to find out my shiny Charizard had not shot up in value, rather was only worth 99p. [emoji20]

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I was looking through my old pokemon cards to see if I was mega rich without knowing it.

I've not looked at these since I was a kid, so I was horrified to see how many fakes I have. I have Mewtwo that evolved from Bellsprout. I have a Charmander that 'obviourly prefers hot ploces' and is a 'basis' pokemon. I have a Dratint that evolved from Cubone. And a shiny and non shiny Arcanine, both of which evolved from Dodou.

The best/worst of these which I somehow never noticed at the time has to be this bad boy though:

61d5d65758610ee5310a731190a055ec.jpg

Would love to know who looked at a picture of a turtle and thought "Clearly a fire type" 

6 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Would love to know who looked at a picture of a turtle and thought "Clearly a fire type" 

It's an Arcanine card with a picture of Squirtle on it. A fake or a misprint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
New Mobile game Pokémon duel is available to download. Pretty decent when the servers are working.

Going to give this a go myself. Just noticed it.

I've been playing through Sun since buying it a couple of weeks ago, just beaten the Elite 4 for the first time. Great game but some of the Alolan versions look better than others. Persian looks ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well its taken long enough but i finally completed Pokemon Sun, i got distracted by another game shortly after release and only went back to it a week ago

Done just about everything in the game at this point, caught everything that you can, been doing some trading online and now ive got the full collection of legendaries(minus the one that hasnt been released yet ofc) mythical etc, last one i needed was a Hoopa but i got my hands on one yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

Wanting to evolve my Haunter and Kadabra on Sun but don't have a second game and can't obviously trade the other way with my old OR and X games and Pokemon Bank transfer is only one way. Want to only use characters with my OT ID so I've bred a "Gen I" team on my Sun to take on the Elite Four. Got Venasaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Pikachu but want the fully evolved forms of the other two for the full line-up.

Anyone willing to do a trade and trade back? Cheers in advance.