Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Did you get the budew or the charizard? Both are pretty shit, tbh. You can get budew on Route 4 and if you took Charmander from the Professor.

I've given away tonnes of charmanders on WT because I breed them.

I traded budew I've not played pokemon since red/yellow so I thought charizard was still THE pokemon to have and I chose squitle because I had delphox as my main fire type. Coming in to this at x/y is probably a mistake because there are so many new types and I generally have no fucking clue how it works anymore other than water/fire/electric/ground etc Edited by killie_lad

I traded budew I've not played pokemon since red/yellow so I thought charizard was still THE pokemon to have and I chose squitle because I had delphox as my main fire type. Coming in to this at x/y is probably a mistake because there are so many new types and I generally have no fucking clue how it works anymore other than water/fire/electric/ground etc

It's probably better than a budew but it's a bit meh.

The daycare on route 7 allows you to breed Pokémon now, put a male and a female that are in the same egg group (or either and a ditto) and you'll produce an egg which will hatch as a level 1 of whatever the female is (or the male if you're breeding with a ditto). So any Pokémon that aren't legendaries aren't really very rare now.

I can be bad at remembering how type works, I use this chart;

typechart.png

It disappoints me how out of the loop I am with Pokémon these days. I really need to get myself a 3DS but I have far too much other expenses right now. :(

In other news, have I made this up, or is Pikachu the official mascot for Japan in the World Cup?

• 2 weeks later...

You can play Pokemon on Google Maps' Android and iPhone apps....

Just caught a Wobbuffet near Ibrox.

Surprisingly time consuming. I was in the bus for over an hour the other day just searching random places. I'm up to 44 out of 150.

You'll find a Jolteon near Edinburgh Uni and a Bunelby at the Castle. That's all I've found in Edinburgh this far.

I thought you were joking but then my friend showed me in college and it's not working on my phone and this is the unhappiest I've ever been.

Haha no it's an April Fools joke in origin, but the premise is real. Here's an example in Monaco.

post-18310-13963540013894_thumb.jpg

"Who's that Pokemon?"

• 1 month later...

Gen 3 was the only one other than the new one I hadn't played. Well until about a month ago when I downloaded Emerald and blitzed through it in a week.

Really excited to play these remakes, Hoenn is my favourite region by far.

I'm kinda excited, I wasn't too big a fan of Hoenn but I didn't play it at the time and Gen 3 and 4 are painfully slow to replay so hopefully this game will make me think better of that Gen.

I want that glorious graphics Groudon though!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...