Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

• 1 month later...

Got HeartGold with a PokeWalker and White for twenty quid off Gumtree last week, traded in White for £8. Can't complain with that.

Cured my Sunday hangover lying in bed and playing HeartGold, absolutely love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just picked up a 3DS xl with Pokemon X pre installed. Took a wee notion after original Sapphire and Soul Silver being the last ones I played. It's pretty decent for the first couple of hours I've managed to play.

Forgot how addictive these games can be. Always 'one more hour' before putting it down.

Got 4 up to levels 12-14 at the mo, the fire type starter, a beedrill, riolu and pikachu. Dead easy.

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Yoshi-91 said:

Pokemon go is here, and i must say im pretty impressed. 

How did you get it? I couldn't find it on the store and found a link on Twitter to the American store but it wouldn't let me download because of my location.

6 hours ago, FreddieDaquin. said:

How did you get it? I couldn't find it on the store and found a link on Twitter to the American store but it wouldn't let me download because of my location.

If you're on an iphone you have to change some settings to let you access stores in other countries. On Android you can just sideload the APK

Googling it is probably your best bet

I had an urge to play the original Pokemon games, blue and red, but I've no idea what I've done with my gameboy or gameboy games. I've been half considering buying a 3ds for Zelda games, is there anyway to download or buy the original Pokemon games onto that if I do so?

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

I had an urge to play the original Pokemon games, blue and red, but I've no idea what I've done with my gameboy or gameboy games. I've been half considering buying a 3ds for Zelda games, is there anyway to download or buy the original Pokemon games onto that if I do so?

You can download red, blue and yellow on the 3ds.

From memory it was £8.99 for each.

The 3ds is well worth it. If you're planning to to use the 3d on it, definitely get the "new 3ds" otherwise you'll be able to pick up an original 3ds really cheap.

Edited by #Gary

Probably been asked previously, but when is this due to come out officially in the UK? (I'm aware you can get it just now if you like)

Was supposed to be ages, but think it's a "few days away" according to an article from The Lad Bible. Take from that what you will.

Absolutely loving it so far despite the crashes and bugs. Level four and have ten different Pokemon. Going to have to buy a portable phone charger though as my battery is taking a severe beating.