Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

You get the Water Stone by using Surf in Driftveil City.

I knocked ten bells of Pokemon shite out of the 6th Gym Leader. Now the aim is to train up my Pokemon to Lv.45ish and have a wee explore around places with Surf.

Oh and having looked at your team, you are quiter a bit away from beating the elite 4, all of mine were about lv. 52 and it was a bit of a challenge, so just concentrate on getting them up, after that tmbecome realtively easy to level up and if you are clever you can get a good 3000exp from wild pokemon.

How do you get that much from wild pokemon? Lucky egg won't give me that much.

Where do I get the lucky egg?

After you defeat the 5th Gym Leader you head to Chargestone Cave to try and get to the next city. In there you meet the Professor and she gives you it. Not sure if you need to have seen a certain number of Pokemon though.

Less than 20 days until Winter begins people 8)

After you defeat the 5th Gym Leader you head to Chargestone Cave to try and get to the next city. In there you meet the Professor and she gives you it. Not sure if you need to have seen a certain number of Pokemon though.

Less than 20 days until Winter begins people 8)

Well it did snow today.....

How do you get that much from wild pokemon? Lucky egg won't give me that much.

Thats after you beat the E4 for the first time, before the best you will get is about 1600exp from a Durant in Victory Road and thats with teh egg, also for grass and electic types, use surf and you can get the same from the Basculin in the water.

After defeating the E4 the first time and the bit after that, there is a massive step up and when you travel to the white forrest, every trainer is at about lv 65, so watch out. You get the 3000exp from the likes of wild Tropius and Altaria which are at lv. 60. Think the mmost I got from a single trainer was about 7500exp, from a lv. 66 Altaria, holding the lucky egg.

Thats after you beat the E4 for the first time, before the best you will get is about 1600exp from a Durant in Victory Road and thats with teh egg, also for grass and electic types, use surf and you can get the same from the Basculin in the water.

After defeating the E4 the first time and the bit after that, there is a massive step up and when you travel to the white forrest, every trainer is at about lv 65, so watch out. You get the 3000exp from the likes of wild Tropius and Altaria which are at lv. 60. Think the mmost I got from a single trainer was about 7500exp, from a lv. 66 Altaria, holding the lucky egg.

Oh right yeah, I was actually taking on Heatmor's in the areas outside Victory Road, they suit my party more and I have no fire so Durants were providing more resistance. Not to worry, cause I'm at level 50 for everyone so am giving the Elite Four a bash the now.

Oh right yeah, I was actually taking on Heatmor's in the areas outside Victory Road, they suit my party more and I have no fire so Durants were providing more resistance. Not to worry, cause I'm at level 50 for everyone so am giving the Elite Four a bash the now.

Tanked. The Elite Four(the first time around) were actually reasonably easy. Only Chandelure gave me any bother, and that was only because Seismitoad's muddy water missed and he was killed but then I revived him and he took Chandelure there and then.

My team that defeated it was Sigilyth, Cobalion (ph34r.gif), Seismitoad, Vanilluxe, Excalibur and Eelektross.

Stuff that happens after the Elite Four:

Put Vanilluxe in the PC so I could use Zekrom after he was (reasonably) easily caught. N was piss poor. Didn't need to use any healing items for him as my Zekrom took his Reshiram since it didn't have any dragon moves but Zekrom knows dragonbreath. Also he had two Klinklangs instead of one Klinklang and a Zoroark like Bulbapedia led me to believe.

Ghetsis was a different story, his Hydreigen was taking pokemon all over the shop. Bit of a struggle to put that one down.

I do like the fact that I got healed before taking both N and Ghetsis on.

Emm N should have had a Zoroark, he did when I faced him, but I killed it in 1

without it using a move.

Yeah N is reasonably easy to beat, but Ghetis is

a nightmare, his Hydreigon like you say takes some doing , rediculously strong

and it has a really wde moveset, which meant it took out 5 of my team in a row,

I was not happy,

Oh aye and all of tmy eam I used to defeat the E4 had been with me the majority of the game, in fact it worked out to something like 200+ gained from the 6 of them. :P

Having completed the main game, I am now trying to catch as many of the 600+ pokemon, I am on about 40, as I usually only catch pokemon I want to play the game with, once you do this, its rediculously easy to level them up, my lv. 5 Ghastly went up 16 levels at once through the lucky egg, should be a piece of cake really.

Having completed the main game, I am now trying to catch as many of the 600+ pokemon, I am on about 40, as I usually only catch pokemon I want to play the game with, once you do this, its rediculously easy to level them up, my lv. 5 Ghastly went up 16 levels at once through the lucky egg, should be a piece of cake really.

I love the experimentation you can try out with new games and different pokemon you've never used. Recently caught Victini, which proved difficult with only ten great balls and a handful of others. I think he will definitely prove useful in the bug gym.

Also, those drawings are really cool. How I long for artistic talent of any description. :lol:

I have spent the last hour filling a full box with newly caught pokemon and have levelled the majority of them up to their highest evolved for. The likes of Pigeot, Tangrowth and Shiftry.

I have spent the last hour filling a full box with newly caught pokemon and have levelled the majority of them up to their highest evolved for. The likes of Pigeot, Tangrowth and Shiftry.

It's really easy to catch some of them, I just go out with Eelektross and thunder wave them. Usually get caught. Got a pupitar earlier. Can't wait to evolve that. Also wanna go to Challenger's Cave because there's a Riolu there and I want Lucario. Steel/fighting is probably the best type in the game.

Also, looking through the pictures of the drawn pokemon, some of them are that artsy bullshit but then you get one like this and it's amazing:

pokemon_drawings_59.jpg

Edited by forehead7

What's the point in levelling up Pokemon once you've completed the game? Genuinely interested as it's never appealed to me considering it's nigh on impossible completing the full pokedex.