Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

At the town with the 2nd gym in it, but I'm trying to level up my team a bit more before I give it a go. It's currently as follows:

Pansage - Lv. 15

Pidove - Lv. 15

Blitzle - Lv. 16

Pignite - Lv. 17

Tympole - Lv. 15

Done a fair bit since then. Beaten the 2nd gym, and done all of that Team Plasma pish in the forest, and have reached Castelia City - which is fucking awesome, looks wise anyway. All the wee side streets etc, it's very impressive. Maybe in future series we'll see all of the cities/towns like that, it just adds something extra, rather than your typical row of buildings, with little else to look at.

Team wise it is now as follows:

Pansage - Lv. 20

Tranquil - Lv. 22

Blitzle - Lv. 22

Tympole - Lv. 22

Pignite - Lv. 22

Levelling up a fair bit now, but still would like the majority up to 24/25 before I take on the 3rd gym. I've also got Victini, the mystery gift Pokemon in my team, but I doubt I'll be using it.

Taking this as slow as I can.

Beat the second gym just there, and my Pokémon are:

Throh 16

Josef (Blitzle) 18

Roggenrola 18

Dewott 19

Drilbur 18

Pansear 17

I don't think I'll stick with Throh, but he was useful against the gym leader. I'm also unsure on Pansear, but I've tried my hardest not to look at any Pokémon on Bulbapedia, so I don't know what other fire ones there are. I think I'll keep the other four though.

Has there ever been a Pokemon based on a swan?

It'd surely be the best.

Having just had a look through Bulbapedia to get a wee look at some more of the new Pokemon, I remembered this post, And FINALLY, here we are.

Swana.png

:D

I assume thats Duckletts evolved for???

Right got 6 badges so far, my team is going well, finally evolved the 3 I wanted to, so here it is.

Emboar - lv. 36

Zebstrika - lv. 37

Seismitoad - lv. 37

Cofagrigus - lv. 35

Pansage - lv. 34 (probably about to evolve him, just need to see what other moves he can learn, as once he evolves he wont learn them)

Boldore - lv. 33

Right now I am desperately trying to catch myself a drilbur, cause I reckon in its evolved form, Excadrill, it is a much better option than Boldore, since it is so resistant to things and has a much wider moveset, which includes Dig, which I love, problem is catching one, casue you have to watch until they make a move, unlike just wandering around, really frustraing.

I don't think it's that much better than Soul Silver, don't have any other gen 4 games, It's got wee cool things but I was expecting more tbh.

I don't know really, I didn't enjoy SS/HG that much, but that's probably because it was basically just a re-make of an old game, so it was hard for me to get too excited about it.

But I think the new games are taking a big step in the right direction. Graphically, at least. The improvements are hardly ground breaking, but I don't think this type of series ever really needs any major enhancements. Just a wee tweak here and there is enough for me. My only complaint really, is that the Pokemon seem to be getting worse. Some of the ones I've encountered so far are dreadful, the starters are incredibly pish as well.

I'd imagine the next generation of games will be for the 3DS, so I think that's when we may actually start to see some big changes to the games. An entirely 3D world such as that in Castelia City would be fucking brilliant imo.

And there it is, my nice newly caught Drilbur, only took me half an hour of searching, only needs to go up 1 level and it becomes an Excadrill, or I wait 2 for it to learn Earthquake 3 levels earlier, which I will probably do. Anybody with an Excadrill reckommend which moves are best, I was thinking Earthquake, Dig, Slash and one of metal claw/rock slide.

Or having looked at it, I dont really need 2 ground moves so take either Dig or

Earthquake out, what do people think??

Edit - just realised my drilbur doesnt know metal claw, so above question still applies

Do I go for -

Slash

Rock slide

Earthquake/ dig

X-sicissor/ shadow claw

Edited by Widge

And there it is, my nice newly caught Drilbur, only took me half an hour of searching, only needs to go up 1 level and it becomes an Excadrill, or I wait 2 for it to learn Earthquake 3 levels earlier, which I will probably do. Anybody with an Excadrill reckommend which moves are best, I was thinking Earthquake, Dig, Slash and one of metal claw/rock slide.

Or having looked at it, I dont really need 2 ground moves so take either Dig or

Earthquake out, what do people think??

Edit - just realised my drilbur doesnt know metal claw, so above question still applies

Do I go for -

Slash

Rock slide

Earthquake/ dig

X-sicissor/ shadow claw

Just went into Wellspring Cave to train up tynpole and saw the dust things and went into one and came across a Drilbur, and caught it. Took about two minutes tongue.gif It is only level 10 though.

Just went into Wellspring Cave to train up tynpole and saw the dust things and went into one and came across a Drilbur, and caught it. Took about two minutes tongue.gif It is

only level 10 though.

Aye well mine is now an excadrill :P thanks to the lucky egg and ground moves being super effective on rock types. So replace my boldore with excadrill and that's my team, but drilbur is defo worth training up, so stick with it.

Just went on my old pokekon silver game seeing as I am missing college due to illness. Was quite excited, was looking foward to using my old teams against the elite 4. Get to the intro and it says

New game

Options

Gone. All gone. The best fucking saved game ever, probably about 10 years old with a shiney crobat - gone. Total tragedy.

Just went on my old pokekon silver game seeing as I am missing college due to illness. Was quite excited, was looking foward to using my old teams against the elite 4. Get to the intro and it says

New game

Options

Gone. All gone. The best fucking saved game ever, probably about 10 years old with a shiney crobat - gone. Total tragedy.

I feel your pain. My leaf green corrupted when I was literally half a dozen pokemon away from completing the pokedex. I was depressed for about a week and I refused to start a new game. Went to play it again about a year later, and my old save was there again. :D

Also, widge, earthquake is far superior to dig. Get that. Rock slide counters flying types well, although the accuracy is slightly lacking.

Its fine, I have both :lol: finally made it to the last gym, jesus the first 2 trainers were hard enough never mind the leader, bit of training is going to be needed me thinks. Also I won't reveal anything, but the plot is actually pretty good and if it goes the way I think it will, it's certainly different. I have played for 20 hours so by my reckoning I still have another good 10 or so to finish the story never mind the whole thing.

Finally fucking beat that Electric gym leader, absolute whore of a woman. Evolved my Roggenrola and tympole and had my Oshawatt at like level 28(it's second stage just can't mind the name). Took a while but got through, glad to have finally done it.

Just as I'm leaving that god forsaken city, Cheren stops me. Asshole! Cleaned him out.

Then the fucking p***k of a Champion stops us.

Can I not leave the stupid city??!?

Finally fucking beat that Electric gym leader, absolute whore of a woman. Evolved my Roggenrola and tympole and had my Oshawatt at like level 28(it's second stage just can't mind the name). Took a while but got through, glad to have finally done it.

Just as I'm leaving that god forsaken city,

Cheren stops me. Asshole! Cleaned him out.

Then the fucking p***k of a Champion stops

us.

Can I not leave the stupid city??!?

Cheren does my nut in, he hasn't cone close to beating me, but at one point he gets me whilst I took a wrong turn On the way to a pokemon centre, I had 2 fucking pokemon. Mind you the other ones worse, she is so shit it's not worth fighting her half the time.