Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

I'd been looking forward to the new set of games until I had a really good read about them today. The sketch is pretty much that's a FIFA-like upgrade with a new roster but everything else basically the same. And I see it's come under heaps of criticism for being so easy in comparison to every other game in the franchise.

Suddenly not in such a rush to go and fork out the £30 now. Although I probably will anyway and hate myself for it.

Really? I'm sure ONM gave it 40/40, and it was one of only two/three games that got that rating.

I started with Oshawott, and I'm in the forest just now. Don't know what I want to have with me. The Rat and the Scottie Dog look shite.

Yah it's arrived and I have two 50 minute to Perth in an hour so I shall tattle through some if it then, I think I will be choosing the fire starter, I always do, due to there always being a lack of fire pokemon until nearer te end.

If you go to the first gym town, go to the top right corner and walk through the dark bit. If you beat the two trainers then you talk to the dude walking about, you get a monkey that's weak to whatever your starter pokemon is, which means it's super effective against the gym leader.

If you go to the first gym town, go to the top right corner and walk through the dark bit. If you beat the two trainers then you talk to the dude walking about, you get a monkey that's weak to whatever your starter pokemon is, which means it's super effective against the gym leader.

Good tip. My mate really struggled with that gym, but he never bothers training properly, he just races through the game. I think the reggae monkey is a bit weird though. laugh.gif

I've found that none of the Pokemon are really that cool and my starter Pokemon Snivy is far too weak so I've resorted to having a Lillipup as my main Pokemon which of course, isn't the best as it's a Normal type. It's now level 26 and evolved into a Herdier and surprisingly it's a pretty decent sweeper, I've not met anything that has caused it any trouble thus far and I'm nearly on my third badge. I usually build a team early on but I don't fancy Snivy much, who has also evolved and is at something like level 20 and the rest of the pokemon aren't really ones that I like so I've got a small team despite catching about 20 pokemon thus far.