Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Did some trading with my buddy who's back for the Easter(he lives in Edinburgh halls who don't have WEP) and I got Conkeldurr, Alakazam, Golem and Magnemite. We also did some swaps and stuff and I gave him my electrizer for an elekid egg then he traded me the electabuzz holding it so he evolved, I got the dex entry and then I gave him it back.

edit: also evolved my Klink up to it's final stage, Klinklang or whatever, my Cubchoo to Beartic and will have Fraxure turn into Haxorus before I go to bed. Productive day considering how ill I am.

Edited by forehead7

Right may as well just list the pokemon I need now.

Escavalier

Accelgor

Vullaby, evolved form???

Tornados and the one after zekrom??

Edited to remove pokemon. Is it just me or are the people who ask for a lv. 100 zekrom for a snivy retarded, cause there's always 1 reasonable person who ony wants a twig in return, or at least that's what I found.

Edited by Widge

Right may as well just list the pokemon I need now.

Snivy, servine, serperior

Gigalith

Sawk

Whimiscott

Archen, archeops

Zorua, zoroark

Escavalier

Accelgor

Vullaby, evolved form???

Tornados and the one after zekrom??

Edited to remove pokemon. Is it just me or are the people who ask for a lv. 100 zekrom for a snivy retarded, cause there's always 1 reasonable person who ony wants a twig in return, or at least that's what I found.

Mandibuzz and Reshiram would be the two your unsure about.

I also have all of them apart from the two legendaries. Have you been using the fossil guy in Twist Mountain? I don't suppose you have the fossil from DPP that isn't Shieldon?

This may seem a stupid question, but how are you meant to have a lv. 9 or under legendary? They dont breed do they.

There was a thing about doing it to show off your legendaries, but I think it was for a level 9 Zekrom. All I've ever seen is Reshiram being sought after.

It is just to piss off people. They should just ban legendaries from the GTS, it would mean that it actually works, both in terms of successful trades and servers not being overloaded with c***s.

There was a thing about doing it to show off your legendaries, but I think it was for a level 9 Zekrom. All I've ever seen is Reshiram being sought after.

It is just to piss off people. They should just ban legendaries from the GTS, it would mean that it actually works, both in terms of successful trades and servers not being overloaded with c***s.

That is so cuntish, there are decent people on it, for instance, I have traded 2 tepigs, for the other starters and a throh for a sawk, so there are people playing properly.

That is so cuntish, there are decent people on it, for instance, I have traded 2 tepigs, for the other starters and a throh for a sawk, so there are people playing properly.

Yeah, I went on and traded my ditto for someone else's it's location was Japan for the Masuto method thing, but it was mostly to increase breeding speed/chance.

edit: if you go onto bulbapedia it tells you the chances of each pokemon being male of female.

Tepig(and all starters I think) are 12.5% likely to be female.

Edited by forehead7

Yeah, I went on and traded my ditto for someone else's it's location was Japan for the Masuto method thing, but it was mostly to increase breeding speed/chance.

Ahh its fine I got one, also I have managed to trade away a recently caught Timburr for a zoroa, problem is it has a stupid Japanese name. dry.gif

Ahh its fine I got one, also I have managed to trade away a recently caught Timburr for a zoroa, problem is it has a stupid Japanese name. dry.gif

If it's actual japanese version then it might change to Zoroark when it evolves. That happened to a Deino of mine, it was called "Monozu" which is the Japanese name which isn't characters. But when it evolved it's name went to Zweilous.

If it's actual japanese version then it might change to Zoroark when it evolves. That happened to a Deino of mine, it was called "Monozu" which is the Japanese name which isn't characters. But when it evolved it's name went to Zweilous.

Lets hope so, anyway it got 11000exp in 1 go when I beat a Golduck after switching it out.

EDIT - low and behold it has, thank f**k.

Edited by Widge

I've not really read through much of this thread as I don't want to spoil any of it for myself. I've been playing through Black recently and love it. Bearing in mind the last one I played was Crystal, the difference is phenomenal whilst still maintaining the addicting factor.

Have 5 badges and currently on the bit in Celestial Tower.

I've got:

Lvl 38 Emboar

Lvl 33 Sawk

Lvl 36 Victini

Lvl 27 Klink

Lvl 26 Purrloin

Lvl 16 Pidove

as my main 6 (Pidove only for Fly), as well as:

Lvl 15 Pansage

Lvl 25 Joltik

Lvl 29 Basculin

Lvl 22 Deerling

Haven't even looked at any of the wireless options yet. Can you trade with random people then if I've read correctly? So it's possible to complete the whole PokeDex on this one without needing a friend to get and trade specific pokemon with you ?

Finally got round to buying this. Got Pokemon White and have (unusually) started with the fire starter, Tepig.

I've just consigned any hope of good exam grades in 4 weeks time to the dustbin...

Lets hope so, anyway it got 11000exp in 1 go when I beat a Golduck after switching it out.

EDIT - low and behold it has, thank f**k.

I try and do that with an Audino when I've got a level 1, just because it goes to between levels 20 and 25 after you've switched it out, it's great!

edit: didn't realise there was another page.

Haven't even looked at any of the wireless options yet. Can you trade with random people then if I've read correctly? So it's possible to complete the whole PokeDex on this one without needing a friend to get and trade specific pokemon with you ?

No. You can only ask for pokemon that you've seen in the GTS(global trading system). And there's some pokemon that you can't find in either Black or White (eevee being a notable one since you've not played Gen 3 or 4)

This may seem a silly question, but how do you get a victini, I know it's through wireless.

Start your game up, then instead of "continue game" click "mystery gift" and select the option "Via nintendo wfc" And you'll receive a Liberty Pass. Then you take that to one of the docks in Castelia and you take a ferry to an Island and you need to battle a couple of Team Plasma-ns and then you encounter it. The trainers you face are on the same level as you'd encounter when you're going through the game and you hit Castelia. Bout level 20 I'd assume.

Edited by forehead7

Crcking, Victini is now caught, leaving me with only 6 more pokemon to catch before the Unovo dex is complete.

Edited by Widge

Forehead, you got any Vullaby's to trade, cant really offer you anything in return, but it would seriously help me out.

Oh aye and any luck on the Tornados search??

I don't like the new way experience points are allocated. It's making things a lot more laborious. I like to evolve everything I catch before playing the first gym leader but as the levels get up to about 10 and upwards, it's slower than Ian Maxwell when fighting wild Pokes at l7 max...