Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Don't think I've got one of them yet. Although I don't know any of the new gens, so I could well have. Btw what the f**k are you meant to do against a fire/water type. That screwed my head right up. Think I went with just knocking the shit out of it with extreme speed that the linoone I'd been given knew.

That must've been a fakemon as there are no fire/water types in the actual games. (unless I'm forgetting something)

But electric, ground and rock moves should be super effective against that typing. (assuming it's not got an ability that nullifies any of those)

Sorry it was water/rock. Obviously grass, but I didn't have any cause of the random draw!

Ah right, yeah grass is 4x effective. Ground, electric and fighting are all 2x super effective as well.

Bulbapedia is a good source for that sort of info, find the pokémon's entry and go to their type effectiveness section and it'll tell you.

Yeah, that's Snakewood. :lol:

I've still not completed the story mode of it yet, engaging as it is, requires a deal of grinding as the wild pokemon are so weak compared to trainers and gym leaders. I chose Baltoy as my starter, although I'm not sure it was the best choice as the movepool at the moment isn't great.

Incidentally, do you play ROM hacks a lot? What else would you recommend playing?

I've still not completed the story mode of it yet, engaging as it is, requires a deal of grinding as the wild pokemon are so weak compared to trainers and gym leaders. I chose Baltoy as my starter, although I'm not sure it was the best choice as the movepool at the moment isn't great.

Incidentally, do you play ROM hacks a lot? What else would you recommend playing?

Nope, Snakewood is the only one I have tried out. I did enjoy it so may look at more ROM hacks like yourself.

I've been playing that showdown far too much, that's for that whoever put that up. Just had a random battle and took out every single one of the guys team with the Mewtwo I was given. Took me until the last move to realise I could have mega-evolved it as well. :lol:

I've been playing that showdown far too much, that's for that whoever put that up. Just had a random battle and took out every single one of the guys team with the Mewtwo I was given. Took me until the last move to realise I could have mega-evolved it as well. :lol:

Aw man, Mega Mewtwo is so fucking strong. I think it's the X version that goes to Psychic/Fighting type and it's a machine. You set up one bulk-up/swords dance and just go to town on drain punch. It's a sweeping machine in Ubers.

Aw man, Mega Mewtwo is so fucking strong. I think it's the X version that goes to Psychic/Fighting type and it's a machine. You set up one bulk-up/swords dance and just go to town on drain punch. It's a sweeping machine in Ubers.

Just got it again, damn it's good. Still haven't got the foggiest about bloody Fairy types.

I like trolling on it, Caught loads of Magikarp and traded them off.

I traded a level 2 Scatterbug yesterday and got a level 40 Bergmite. :lol:

Also had a level 50 Trevenant, 2 x Level 1 Coakies and a level 1 Eevee and Gastly, Oh and a Marshtomp.

I haven't been dishing out all shite to be fair, but I'm going on the basis of if I get something pish, keep trading it and something good will fall into my lap eventually.

Prime example just now. Dish out a Level 16 Hippopotami (or whatever it's called), get a Lv 14 Pidgey. Trade that out next and straight in, a Level 50 Poliwrath.

Edited by djchapsticks

In last 10 minutes, I've traded for some right good stuff. A load of shite too, but as I say, keep giving it away until you get something good.

Received a level 1 Charmander, A level 1 Beldum (which evolves into Metagross, a pseudo-legendary) and strangely, a level 61 Zweilous

I don't know if you're bothered with it, but most people will trade off their breeding leftovers on Wonder Trade (if the markings are selected then they'll have a 31 in which ever HP/Att/Def/SpAtt/SpDef/Speed).

Just getting Pokémon themselves is pretty average.

I don't know if you're bothered with it, but most people will trade off their breeding leftovers on Wonder Trade (if the markings are selected then they'll have a 31 in which ever HP/Att/Def/SpAtt/SpDef/Speed).

Just getting Pokémon themselves is pretty average.

Nah I'm not bothered about all that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just managed to download something onto my phone letting me play Pokemon red and gold. Played 4 hours and only got 2 badges, been focusing on training up my squad.

Why would anyone swap a decent pokemon on wondertrade? Just swapped a level 8 budew for a 37 charizard

Did you get the budew or the charizard? Both are pretty shit, tbh. You can get budew on Route 4 and if you took Charmander from the Professor.

I've given away tonnes of charmanders on WT because I breed them.