Snow!

xbl

30 minutes ago, Torpar said:

The Weather network website says Glasgow feels like -5 at the moment, if that kills anyone then they must have been gravely ill and probably shouldn't outdoors at any time of the year

I must be gravely ill then. I was 10 minutes away from curling into a ball and accepting my fate. This was in England, not Glasgow. so I think it was way lower than -5. I dont think Scotland has the worst of it yet judging by the lack of moaning on here about it. Maybe they're all deid.

..they seem pretty insistent that there might actually be some snow hitting over the next few days...even more than normal. Even Judith was getting pretty concerned on the beeb earlier on.

Might get a snow day yet and use the feckin shovel I bought the last time it was bad...in 2010!

3 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

The amount of stuff Aberdeen City Council have been posting today on Facebook you'd begin to believe the apocalypse was upon us and only a handful of people will survive.

Well, with Aberdeen City Council in charge, I wouldn't be too confident in dismissing that possibility just yet. 

All the Scottish city councils are skint. Anything more than a light dusting of snow and the place falls apart.

Scotland is a bad winter and 3 or 4 feet of snow away from total anarchy.
The entire country would descend into something resembling The Purge. Fat neds turning feral in a desperate search for Buckie and munchy boxes.

10 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Not to mention the pot holes. It's the first winter EVER that the weather has caused them.

The roads are shite now though, and this beast thing won't help.

The snow will fill up the holes for a while.