Snow!

xbl

I saw the flaw in that plan. My car is (possibly) in Sighthill/Parkhead. Got one on a one-way hire to dump down there. 

You really do think of everything...
In fairness, it wouldn’t surprise me if some of the roasters on here would have only realised this in London.

6 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

South Lanarkshire schools closing at lunchtime, On a day where there is yet to be a drop of snow.

Stirling council schools were closed at lunchtime despite only 1 cm of new snow and the Stirling council area being several miles north of the amber warning area.  Funny how Falkirk managed to keep theirs open!

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I saw the flaw in that plan. My car is (possibly) in Sighthill/Parkhead. Got one on a one-way hire to dump down there. 

When I've looked into one way car hire in the past it would have been cheaper getting a taxi. But you would think you could get a good deal for the return leg. In America I think you just have to pay for the fuel. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

When I've looked into one way car hire in the past it would have been cheaper getting a taxi. But you would think you could get a good deal for the return leg. In America I think you just have to pay for the fuel. 

About £80 one-way hire in an A Class diesel and about £70 for fuel so not bad if you don’t mind driving.

19 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

What sort of Jag are you getting?

An XE 4x4. Some poor sod has lost about £22k in depreciation in 12 months.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

About £80 one-way hire in an A Class diesel and about £70 for fuel so not bad if you don’t mind driving.

It's about £70.00 plus local travel on the train.

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Nice, I’ve got an XE R-sport. Would have appreciated 4x4 on it the last few day though.

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Yes, could fly/get a train but still have to risk delays, get to station/airport/connections. Fine if I could get jaiked but driving straight back up after so don’t really fancy that. 

Nothing could possibly go wrong driving 500 miles in January of course.