Snow!

xbl

we only moved up here this year, my wife (being from eng-gur-land) is not used to this, so think we're looking at buying a freelander or something of that sort!! knee jerk reaction, but not a bad idea!!

Seriously, 4x4 is only help in snow at times but the real difference is a good set of tyres- Winter ones and even all season tyres and you'll have no probs rather than the 'summer' tyres that get fitted! Indeed I've seen a 4x4 Audi Q7 struggle on the hill at Castlemilk- because it they have big low profile wheels for style not off road. It's worth a go as it is cheaper to go £300 for 4 tyres than a new motor unless you need one.

If you go to France or Switzerland for skiing, you'll see the locals bombing about in Golfs and Clios whilst all the English folk who driver flounder in Freelanders and X5s. laugh.gif

I run a Finnish brand of tyres and whilst they aren't proper winter tyres and are meant for all year the difference is massive in the snow and cold weather from the rubbish Continentals they replaced. Of course if it is ice on our roads only god can help really!

Edited by flyingscot

After today's fun and games, it's back to the serious stuff tomorrow, and I will no doubt be complaining in the morning about it being cold/public transport/etc. I hope it snows on my day off again though. Today was ace.

Question: See a "White Christmas", does it actually have to be snow falling on Christmas Day, or does snow just have to be on the ground?

It must actually be observed to snow from a second after 23:59:59 24th December and 23:59:59 25th December.

Well, buses in Dundee seem to be running, but using the online tracking I can see the service I use is erratic in its times.

I'm not too bothered about going in, I just don't want to get stuck later if we get the extra snow that is forecast and NX Dundee take everything off the road.

Looks like we've had a lot of snow overnight - now attempt to get to work or back to bed?

Time to go to work. Our street is bad, bout 6 inches deep.

Walked out to the main road to see if the main roads are fine. Nup! A good 4 inches covering them!

I aint going nowhere today!

Which part of Glenrothes are you in ? In Pitcoudie I'd say its about 8-10 ins deep :blink: