Snow!

xbl

No snow tonight however the temperature has dropped so driving will be fun tomorrow.

It's snowing in Falkirk the now so I dare say it'll be along your way shortly.

There was about 100 people at Croy this morning all fighting to get on the 8.30 train into Glasgow

Managed to get one at 9 but stopped just after Lenzie due to signalling problems. Managed it in though to be told to go home at 12 and the bus broke down on Cathedral Street.

Don't think I'll bother tomorrow

There was about 100 people at Croy this morning all fighting to get on the 8.30 train into Glasgow

Managed to get one at 9 but stopped just after Lenzie due to signalling problems. Managed it in though to be told to go home at 12 and the bus broke down on Cathedral Street.

Don't think I'll bother tomorrow

I'm not risking it tomorrow. Driving at 30mph up the middle of the A92 using tyre tracks as an indicator that I was indeed still on the road is not my idea of fun.

I'm not risking it tomorrow. Driving at 30mph up the middle of the A92 using tyre tracks as an indicator that I was indeed still on the road is not my idea of fun.

I had to do that on Friday night coming back from Edinburgh. It was absolutely, utterly terrifying.

Crap visibility, slow speed and a car in front that keeps sliding a little = not good.

I had to do that on Friday night coming back from Edinburgh. It was absolutely, utterly terrifying.

Crap visibility, slow speed and a car in front that keeps sliding a little = not good.

Hellish, eh!

The thing is, because a lot of folk can't make it in to my work, the company has decided that you can go in for your own shift hours, but earlier, for double time. Very tempting but probably not worth risking wrecking the car and possibly myself and a few others.

I came up the A737 in the dark in a blizzard and the lights just reflected the snow. I just followed the lights of the guy 100m infront, not fun!

I do like the challenge of snow driving but bit of a pain!

Left home at 4am this morning to drive through to Edinburgh airport.

Was Ok when I left Larbert, but by time I reached Linlothgow,it turned into a blizzard.

I honestly havent seen snow come down as quick and as heavy as that ever before and driving was quite scary.

I couldn't get off motorway as slip roads were barely visible and looked even worse,so had no option but to keep going.

No evidence of the roads having been gritted and no gritters or snow ploughs seen on journey.

When I eventually reached the Edinburgh turn off,the road was berely drivable.

Now at airport,flight cancelled and airport closed until noon at the earliest.

Still dumping it down,so having a few coffees until roads home are cleared

More snow fell a few hours ago, as it seems to have now covered the 'bouncy' part of my nieces wee trampoline. My college is shut once again, making it unlikely that I'll finish my coursework for Monday. So, now I have to get in touch with our head of school and see if she can get the date shifted - apparently our dates are different from Napier, so we have room for changing them - fucking hope so!

More snow fell a few hours ago, as it seems to have now covered the 'bouncy' part of my nieces wee trampoline. My college is shut once again, making it unlikely that I'll finish my coursework for Monday. So, now I have to get in touch with our head of school and see if she can get the date shifted - apparently our dates are different from Napier, so we have room for changing them - fucking hope so!

Whit, tbh you should get the date changed. I know mine wont be, but it looks like the computer facilities are open today, now just need to get through a foot of snow and get a bus.:(

Its a nice warm day here today. 21 degrees.

I've forgotten what snow looks like. :-)

as an ex-ex-pat, expect snowballs chucked in yer direction soon. mainly from me dry.gif

Chucking it down in Porty.

edited - mum pisses all over yer 21c, it's 25c today where they are.

Edited by kiwififer