black pepper

drain tuna

mash together with feta cheese cubes

add egg, chopped chives & black pepper

sprinkle lime juice over mixture

form mixture into wee burger shapes

shallow fry in oil for 2 minutes each side

BON APPETIT!

Sorry - and no offence - but it appears you just copied out the instructions from a fajita kit onto the internet.

Much on at the moment? tongue.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif I was thinking that. He is an old 'un though. That's probably the height of haute cuisine in MonkeyBlairs household!

Oops, that'll have him choking on his Rich Tea and splurting his cuppa over the table...ph34r.gif

PS Anyone still got a copy of the P&B Cookbook? I have it on my works PC and can re-post it tomorrow if anyone wants a Keith Floydian trip down gastronomic memory lane. I must run now as my vegetarian haggis should be well and truly done by now. Yum!

Err, wrap it in foil, put it in an ovenproof dish with an inch of water at 180 degrees for 45 minutes, open foil, split open haggis, stick it in a dish, munch contentedly!smile.gif

Edit: NB - Use oven gloves to take the foil of your haggis and watch out the wee bugger doesn't fling bits of itself in your face when you split it open.

Edited by Kilt

My advice is to get a slow cooker.

Throw all sorts of veg and meat into it before you go to work, switch it on, leave it cooking for 7 to 8 hours. Come home and an amazing stew/casserole awaits.

They are the bollocks and they are cheap as chips.

Macaroni Cheese

Boil the pasta

Put all the cheese you can (strong cheddar, blue, sreading, philadelphia, anything) find in a blender with some creme freche, a couple of eggs, some milk, salt and pepper. Blend until quite a thick liquid.

Tip the cooked pasta in to a pie dish coated in olive oil, tip the blended stuff on top. Put more cheese on top. Slice some tomatoes and put them on top as well. Put it in the oven for a wee while.

All measurements are approximate.

Simon Rimmer did this one on Something For The Weekend a few weeks ago and its brilliant.

Buy an uncooked chicken

mix the white of one egg,zest of a lemon and two tablespoons of clear honey in a bowl and rub them all over the skin of the chicken.

In a seperate bowl,mix together 4 teaspoons of chinese five spice,one teaspoon of cinnamon,twon teaspoons of cardamon,two teaspoons of dried corriander,three teaspoons of olive oil

Also rub this all over the chicken

Insert two halves of the zested lemon inside the chicken

Cook uncovered in an oven for approx 90 minutes.

Result,crispy skinned lemony,oriental flavoured chicken..brilliant

one piece of steak(rump,sirloin,whatever)fry slowly in butter.

Butter one plain bread outsider.

Put cooked steak on bread

lashings of dairylea cheese triangles on top of steak.

All the steak juice melts into bread andhot dairylea on top

mmmmmmm

Easy peasy risotto:

1 onion, chopped

6 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped

1litre veg stock (from cubes)

300g risotto rice

100g frozen peas

Put 2 tbsp olive oil and a knob of butter into a large pan, brown the onion and then add the bacon. Fry for about 5 mins before adding the rice and the stock. Allow to simmer until the rice has absorbed the liquid and is soft (about 15 mins). Add the peas and cook for a further 5 mins or so. Season. Serve with some parmesan and ground black pepper.

We had this tonight and it was delicious. :)

My advice is to get a slow cooker.

Throw all sorts of veg and meat into it before you go to work, switch it on, leave it cooking for 7 to 8 hours. Come home and an amazing stew/casserole awaits.

They are the bollocks and they are cheap as chips.

Spot on. The crock pot is excellent for soup, stovies and casseroles, which for home just now is a must.

as for a cheap recipe?

Stovies.

Spot on. The crock pot is excellent for soup, stovies and casseroles, which for home just now is a must.

as for a cheap recipe?

Stovies.

Technically speaking stovies is not a cheap recipe.

It is simply a word which describes the end product of a recipe.

• 2 years later...

Bump

I've bought Nandos peri-peri sauce but have no idea what to use it for other than cover chicken in it and throw it in the oven. Any creative suggestions seeing as I have a whole bottle to use? Anything on google seems to come up with how to recreate it rather than use it.

I hate cooking, partly because I'm clueless about it. Hopefully something tasty like this can make me a bit more 'excited' about chucking stuff in an oven / pan or wok rather than boring old Uncle Bens in chicken etc. Try and look up a recipe online and you get a whole extravagant essay - can't be arsed with that, never mind make it. Funnily enough, this topic thread jumped out at me.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Mince cheese crumble. Cook some mince in a pot, with mushroom, tomato, Worcester sauce and brown sauce. Chuck in an oven dish, make a crumble, mix in Some grated cheese, cover over the top of the mince and chuck in the oven until the crumble Is golden brown.