Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Why would you put eggs in a fridge?

I've recently found out people put all sorts of things in the fridge that I don't, bread, ketchup, butter etc, but I get why they do, even though I don't. Eggs though? That's just weird.

Why wouldn't you? Eggs and butter are meant to be kept in the fridge. Do you know who has 'butter plates'? 

Beasts.

Are you a beast JMo? 

I have also never heard of anyone putting bread in the fridge, unless they're defrosting it. 

Why wouldn't you? Eggs and butter are meant to be kept in the fridge. Do you know who has 'butter plates'? 

Beasts.

Are you a beast JMo? 

I have also never heard of anyone putting bread in the fridge, unless they're defrosting it. 

Butter is considerably easier to spread when room temperature.

Being labelled a BEAST should be, though. 

The PnB ones for watching wrong 'un list grows.

It's difficult to take that accusation seriously from someone who keeps eggs in the fridge.

Probably the same sort of person who buys semi-skimmed milk.

Why would you put eggs in a fridge?

I've recently found out people put all sorts of things in the fridge that I don't, bread, ketchup, butter etc, but I get why they do, even though I don't. Eggs though? That's just weird.

Haud the bus. You don't put butter in the fridge?

What the f**k is wrong with you?

Haud the bus. You don't put butter in the fridge?

What the f**k is wrong with you?

I like butter that's easy to spread. I've never understood the point of putting butter in the fridge. It doesn't spoil when on a butter dish, it doesn't change flavour, it just makes it hard and cold. I fail to see why that's preferable.

I like butter that's easy to spread. I've never understood the point of putting butter in the fridge. It doesn't spoil when on a butter dish, it doesn't change flavour, it just makes it hard and cold. I fail to see why that's preferable.

I made a piece earlier today, I can confirm that the butter had been refrigerated and was very spreadable.

Happy to help.

Do folk still use butter for everyday uses? I'm an olive spread guy (usually Tesco's own). Thought spreads were where it was at and only old folk bought and used butter for everyday uses (such as toast and sandwiches). Obviously butter is still the best for baking but we're not talking about baking here.

As for butter dishes, I thought only old folks' homes, fusty B&Bs, cottages and Dignitas clinics had butter dishes

Do folk still use butter for everyday uses? I'm an olive spread guy (usually Tesco's own). Thought spreads were where it was at and only old folk bought and used butter for everyday uses (such as toast and sandwiches). Obviously butter is still the best for baking but we're not talking about baking here.

As for butter dishes, I thought only old folks' homes, fusty B&Bs, cottages and Dignitas clinics had butter dishes

I use butter for sandwiches, cooking, on butteries, toast etc. My wife bought some spread once when she was losing the baby weight but we both agreed it tasted nasty and it turned out the calorific difference was minuscule anyway. I have recently found out that I'm in the minority for still drinking whole milk though so maybe I've just not modernised. The North East does seem about twenty years behind everywhere else.

I can't recall the last time I had toast. Will have to fire up the toaster soon. I've got some peanut butter in the cupboard.

I always have a layer of speed underneth any topping I put on toast (usually Golden Shredless, peanut butter or blueberry jam).

And I drink semi skimmed milk. Blue top is sickly sweet and makes me feel ill