Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I've not had a beer for about a week. Trying to remember the last time I drank as much as I have without having a single beer. Had gin, wine, whisky, rum, brandy, champagne and now baileys in that time but not a single beer, my favourite drink.

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

I decided it would be easiest to tell anyone who asked what I wanted for Christmas this year just to get me beer. I like most beer/ale/lager so they couldn't go wrong, I told them. 

This decision has come back to bite me somewhat, mainly due to the modern trend for very strong beers. My usual taste is for anything around 4-5.5% but nearly everything I've been gifted is over 6.5%, with many of them over 7% and a few over 9%.

I'm struggling on regardless.

A reflection of what your loved ones think of you perhaps?

tennents-super-premium-lager-beer-4x500m

Edited by Shandon Par

2 minutes ago, sjc said:

Never tried that one. Wheels off the wagon?

Image result for the wheels are off the wagon gif

Will have a sniff of it when I pour some for a visitor. The bottle looks the part anyway. I'm sure they'll fall off eventually. Fasting today too to give my stomach a rest from all the food/sweets etc. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whats the endgame?

Don't really have one. Not found it much of a struggle resisting booze, it's more of a struggle with some social situations. If you're just drinking soft drinks, sitting in a pub gets boring after an hour or so, whereas with booze I'd happily stay all day. Same with parties etc. 

1 minute ago, NorthernJambo said:

Do you feel better for it? Imagine you're used to it now but couldn't imagine going 4 months with no piss up (probably quite a poor reflection on my life...)

I can see a difference in my face (more haggered without booze) but I always did a huge amount of exercise anyway so it's not transformed anything. Probably made my life more peaceful. Fewer stupid incidents.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Not drinking is nae bother if you stay out of scenarios like that. If I cant get ripped I dont ever go someplace where everyone else will be because drunks are not funny when sober. You have to be one of them.

But, drink is fucking class, so when are you back on it?

That has definitely helped. I've met a few pals and we've done sports or lazed around my leisure club. 

I lost my favourite sunglasses one night when I was hammered in late summer and it pissed me off so much. When that anger subsides I'll get back on it. They were one-offs and cost as much as my first car. Put me off getting smashed and I never manage moderation.

I'd quite like to go a few months without a drink and see if I notice a difference, unfortunately there's always lots on that end up requiring drink. Shame as I'd have loads of cash and probably be about a jean size and stone lighter if I could do it. 

That has definitely helped. I've met a few pals and we've done sports or lazed around my leisure club. 
I lost my favourite sunglasses one night when I was hammered in late summer and it pissed me off so much. When that anger subsides I'll get back on it. They were one-offs and cost as much as my first car. Put me off getting smashed and I never manage moderation.

How fuckin much did you spend on the glasses?