Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

No.

It needs to be a post where you say it would be good to donate money to charity or something.

Okay. I was out with friends at a demonstration yesterday to fight to save Otago Lane in the West End of Glasgow from a hideous building development that will ruin the local area. I'm also in the crowd photo on page 22 of today's Sunday Herald.....

http://www.saveotagolane.co.uk/Save.html

Is that "worthy" enough to test the usual opprobrium?!

Not that I'm on the wind-up, of course!whistling.gif

Okay. I was out with friends at a demonstration yesterday to fight to save Otago Lane in the West End of Glasgow from a hideous building development that will ruin the local area. I'm also in the crowd photo on page 22 of today's Sunday Herald.....

http://www.saveotagolane.co.uk/Save.html

Is that "worthy" enough to test the usual opprobrium?!

Not that I'm on the wind-up, of course!whistling.gif

You should be commended, frankly.

This is a far better use of a persons time than dressing in a toga and praying to trees. Good luck with the campaign. I hope you're protesting in the correct manner and not relying on some sort of curse thingy that you give the developers by dancing around crab-like in a park at dusk, while reciting the Lord's Prayer backwards or something. ;)

I'm wide awake right now, whereas normally at this time on a Sunday I'm nearly falling asleep. And my girlfriend's going in for an operation tomorrow and I'm wanting to send flowers to her house, but it's bloody expensive - I mean, 30 odd quid? What a larf.

Would you not be better buying her Y-fronts and a Gilette Fusion?

I'm wide awake right now, whereas normally at this time on a Sunday I'm nearly falling asleep. And my girlfriend's going in for an operation tomorrow and I'm wanting to send flowers to her house, but it's bloody expensive - I mean, 30 odd quid? What a larf.

Totally.

There she'll be, miserable and frightened, and there you'll be, flush.

No option - let the bitch greet and go buy cider.

You should be commended, frankly.

This is a far better use of a persons time than dressing in a toga and praying to trees. Good luck with the campaign. I hope you're protesting in the correct manner and not relying on some sort of curse thingy that you give the developers by dancing around crab-like in a park at dusk, while reciting the Lord's Prayer backwards or something. wink.gif

Thank you.

No, no toga's involved. Or curses, crab-like dancing or reciting fictional poetry backwards.

There was fruit tea from a hippy café, placards, politicians from all parties but the Tories, a second-hand bookshop involved and afternoon tea with the rugby afterwards in my friends' flat that overlooks Otaga Lane; she has a beautiful altar and he has an extensive library of Egytptology. Yes, they're Pagan too!smile.gif

I've just saw on screen how fucking bollocks Great Britain is at the Winter Olympics. They're the Montrose of winter sports.

No fair! Great Britain have won one Gold Medal; Montrose have won one game.......ah,.....shite......

Would you not be better buying her Y-fronts and a Gilette Fusion?

:lol: Very good.

Totally.

There she'll be, miserable and frightened, and there you'll be, flush.

No option - let the bitch greet and go buy cider.

I'm starting to think the £30 would be better off spent elsewhere, for instance booze for when she can drink again after the operation. Sure, the flowers will look pretty for, what, a week? Then they'll start to die and eventually smell, and then they'll be in the bin.

Thank you.

No, no toga's involved. Or curses, crab-like dancing or reciting fictional poetry backwards.

There was fruit tea from a hippy café, placards, politicians from all parties but the Tories, a second-hand bookshop involved and afternoon tea with the rugby afterwards in my friends' flat that overlooks Otaga Lane; she has a beautiful altar and he has an extensive library of Egytptology. Yes, they're Pagan too!smile.gif

Bloody typical.

I'm starting to think the £30 would be better off spent elsewhere, for instance booze for when she can drink again after the operation. Sure, the flowers will look pretty for, what, a week? Then they'll start to die and eventually smell, and then they'll be in the bin.

Sure the flowers might only last a few days but she'll remember for ever if you don't buy them.

Woman never forget shit like that.

I was on the bus going to my girlfriends today and the driver stopped for an old man at the stop, as normal. But then got out the bus, a went into a nearby shop. Leaving me, his money, the bus and his keys in the bus. With the doors open! I thought someone was going to steal the bus, the money and me. When I got off he didn't realise I was still on as he didn't open the doors until I said 'excuse me'

It didn't bother me though, made me laugh the driver coming back with a couple bottles of irn bru and a paper.

In all seriousness, buy the flowers.

To me and you, it seems like it's a lot of money for very little, but I bought my lass some flowers for her birthday, and she absolutely loved them. I didn't think she would, but she really did.

At the end of the day, I think it's something they can stick in a vase and say to people "Look at that, somebody bought me those!"

as long as its not a liver op.