Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

It turned out looking from the bank statement, that I apparently bought a footlong at the Subway on Byres road during the Subcrawl. The bad thing is that I don't remember going to subway and that I already had one before getting the train to Glasgow. I should be obese.

It turned out looking from the bank statement, that I apparently bought a footlong at the Subway on Byres road during the Subcrawl. The bad thing is that I don't remember going to subway and that I already had one before getting the train to Glasgow. I should be obese.

I remember the days when you used to get back your cashed cheques in your statements. Some of the ones i wrote under the influence were a complete mess.

Meatball marinara. Great choice but not if it's been left over for 36 hours.

Honey oat bread, cheese and toasted, lettuce, cucumber, jalapeños and black olives. Not bad, drunken Smurph.

Good choice, drunken Smurph. Swap the olives for red onion and that's my usual.

Meatball marinara. Great choice but not if it's been left over for 36 hours.

Honey oat bread, cheese and toasted, lettuce, cucumber, jalapeños and black olives. Not bad, drunken Smurph.

That must have been like a pile of mush after 36 hours! The sauciest choice possible with cheese too! :lol:

I've just got a remote key for my car. I bought the car second hand last year and up until now have been using ye olde fashioned way of unlocking.

This would be a RTBC if it weren't for the £154 I had to part with to get it. Relative to what I paid for the car, I think it's worth it though.

I remember you appearing with the remains of a sub.

Why do people need to have everything now? Surely, in the long run it would be more sensible to save up £26 a month for ten months and then you could buy one outright?

This need to have everything now really gets on my tits. Sure, I've made my fair share of impulse purchases, but that would be mental to take out.

We've all been in that situation. You've thought of or done something that you can't place in RTBC or PTTGOYN but it didn't quite justify a whole thread, even though its content was comparable to many things that fitted into the former two threads.

Fear not. Instead of being crushed and finding another thread to sabotage in anger, use the "Things You Want To Share" Thread!

I'll set the ball rolling:

I thought I might need a new electric toothbrush after it felt weaker and weaker on my teeth and gums. I thought it was just that the bristles were worn out, but then I noticed that unlike my last electric toothbrush, this one had an easy battery replacement slot. To satisfy my curiosity, I scavenged around all my remote controls looking for a new-ish AAA battery. Now my electric toothbrush is like an industrial machine.

Over to you...

I pumped Magee's wife out of shear spite.

Spare change bra

What does this even mean?

If you waited for 10 months you could buy one for less than half the cost. If you waited 15 months you could buy an iPad 4 with retina display (possibly less time if the price comes down). And save £200.

These monthly payment plans are an absolute rip-off. It's the same with phones and computers btw. You end up paying well over the odds, often up to twice what you would have paid if you'd waited a little longer, paid up front, and gone for (e.g.) sim only contracts or a healthy PAYG tariff.

Edited by Ad Lib

Why do people need to have everything now? Surely, in the long run it would be more sensible to save up £26 a month for ten months and then you could buy one outright?

This need to have everything now really gets on my tits. Sure, I've made my fair share of impulse purchases, but that would be mental to take out.

It depends what the thing was. If for example you had a really old, rubbish cathode ray TV and wanted to upgrade to a newer 36 inch LCD effort at £600 on HP because you watched quite a bit of TV then fair enough. If you want to watch a TV programme, unless you watch a poorer quality version online, you have to have a TV.

However, an Ipad or Ipad mini is a complete luxury. I wouldn't buy one because I would use no feature of it that my laptop doesn't have. They're nice gadget and perhaps easier to browse the web if you're sitting in front of the TV so fair enough if you want to buy one. I certainly wouldn't be paying 200% of the usual price though!