Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I didn't get put to sleep, i was awake for mines.

Fucking hell :blink: I get the impression that they had me laid out like yon laddie with the flip-top head from the old toothbrush ads.

Kinda glad they didn't give me the option to be awake for that. Although I'm feeling more and more violated as this conversation continues.

Found out that a wombat takes up to 2 weeks to fully digest food. What a scunner that would be if you'd forgotten about the vindaloo you had the other week. Sadly saw a dead one amongst the road kill on the drive back from the Riverland to Adelaide earlier today.

Found out that a wombat takes up to 2 weeks to fully digest food. What a scunner that would be if you'd forgotten about the vindaloo you had the other week. Sadly saw a dead one amongst the road kill on the drive back from the Riverland to Adelaide earlier today.

Was it you that posted something about seeing dozens of dead kangaroos on a stretch of road?

Are you, in fact, the infamous marsupial murderer of Adelaide? :o

Was it you that posted something about seeing dozens of dead kangaroos on a stretch of road?

Are you, in fact, the infamous marsupial murderer of Adelaide? :o

Where do you think local restaurants get all their Roo meat from? Seriously though it's tragic, you get used to seeing road kill on some Australian country roads but I've never seen as much as on this trip.

The correct thing to do would have been to dispose of it in a sharps bin......but on the assumption that option wasn't available I'll let you off.

I saw it and told the mrs as we were walking off then we both were like "We should do something about it surely?" then walked back and put it in the bin ensuring i didn't touch the needle end. Would it definitely have been used for heroin or could it have been to do with diabetes? Was hard to tell from one glance and i didn't take a picture. It was on bonnington road so i would have said heroin was the most likely. Good deed done for the day and now having a beer

I saw it and told the mrs as we were walking off then we both were like "We should do something about it surely?" then walked back and put it in the bin ensuring i didn't touch the needle end. Would it definitely have been used for heroin or could it have been to do with diabetes? Was hard to tell from one glance and i didn't take a picture. It was on bonnington road so i would have said heroin was the most likely. Good deed done for the day and now having a beer

I've never known a diabetic without a sharps bin to dispose of needles. They certainly don't just drop them in the street.

Fucking hell :blink: I get the impression that they had me laid out like yon laddie with the flip-top head from the old toothbrush ads.

Kinda glad they didn't give me the option to be awake for that. Although I'm feeling more and more violated as this conversation continues.

It wasn't sore it was uncomfortable. Pain has went away a bit today. So will just need to man up and get on with it.

I've never known a diabetic without a sharps bin to dispose of needles. They certainly don't just drop them in the street.

Yeah your right, was disgusting to see i don't think i have ever seen a dirty needle just lying about willy nilly, a child or a dog could easily have picked it up its in a pretty public place so think i did the right thing. Doubt i would ever take heroin

Yeah your right, was disgusting to see i don't think i have ever seen a dirty needle just lying about willy nilly, a child or a dog could easily have picked it up its in a pretty public place so think i did the right thing. Doubt i would ever take heroin

Haven't you ever heard of recycling? You should have found diabetic or a junkie to give it to. Waster.

#savetheplanet

Bonnington Road, definitely junkie territory

My kids are watching 'Grandpa in my Pocket' on CBeebies. For those who don't know, its a programme staring James Bolam as Grandpa. Everyone loves Grandpa and he has magical powers to shrink when he wears his hat. Once he is shrunk he can drive toy cars and fly model airplanes. I have to admit to being rather skeptical that he can achieve this by driving a toy car with no engine however.

Not for the first time in recent weeks, the BBC will be questioned over the authenticity of their output I am sure.

Where do you think local restaurants get all their Roo meat from? Seriously though it's tragic, you get used to seeing road kill on some Australian country roads but I've never seen as much as on this trip.

Jeebus - I'd have thought a kangaroo would take the car out too :unsure:

Are they tasty? We had some Kangaroo steaks a while back ("farmed in Germany :lol: ), but I can't remember a thing about them. And I'm guessing that Teutonic Roo wouldn't be a patch on something cooked up by a tough, burly backpacker murderer denizen of the magnificent Antipodes.

I'm guessing the bin guys expect (and find) needles in pretty much everything, so you still get good guy points. Hopefully the wife was suitably appreciative.

Can I have your share of the heroin if my appendix bursts again?

Just did the shopping, and I was genuinely stunned to see that the Christmas puddings are out, to the point that I had to spend a few seconds working out what month it was in my head. I'm not complaining, I'm just amazed at how feeble my brain is these days :wacko:

On the plus side, the mini-stollen are back in at Lidl. Thinking of changing my username to 'BigMorbidlyObeseTabbyDave'.

I'm guessing the bin guys expect (and find) needles in pretty much everything, so you still get good guy points. Hopefully the wife was suitably appreciative.

Can I have your share of the heroin if my appendix bursts again?

The thing is the needle and syringe was right next to a biffa bin - surely if your that close to one you will just put it in the bin after injection rather than leave it on the road?

The thing is the needle and syringe was right next to a biffa bin - surely if your that close to one you will just put it in the bin after injection rather than leave it on the road?

Yeah, but think about how many times you've seen people drop litter right next to a bin. Some folk just seem to take prompts to thoughtful behaviour as a challenge. And if you're injecting smack, I doubt community safety is high on your list of priorities :lol:

Yeah, but think about how many times you've seen people drop litter right next to a bin. Some folk just seem to take prompts to thoughtful behaviour as a challenge. And if you're injecting smack, I doubt community safety is high on your list of priorities :lol:

I agree but its just weird someone would take it and then get so close to the bin and then miss it, either that or they were hiding beside the bin. I would love to know but i don't think i will ever find out

They probably thought about putting it in the bin, then worried about the bin men getting hurt like any decent person would.